T-55 part i.d. needed
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: T-55 part i.d. needed Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:29 pm
    ----
Can anyone tell me what the cover in this picture is for? It is located on the right side of the hull rear:

Thanks!

#2: Re: T-55 part i.d. needed Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:34 pm
    ----
I'm no expert, but I'm going to guess that it is an access port for the shaft bearings of the fan (or something related) that's located immediately on the other side of that plate. The location looks about right. That cover is pretty similar to a "generic" type of cover plate used in the heavy equipment industry for exactly that sort of access.

Chuck

#3: Re: T-55 part i.d. needed Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:02 pm
    ----
That part is off an airplane. I can tell by looking at it. Off an airplane? Well, yes. It's not on an airplane!

#4: Re: T-55 part i.d. needed Author: palic PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:30 pm
    ----
One picture can say more than hundreds of words...
There are two pages of original Soviet manual - scheme of engine preheating and cooling system.
C_Sherman is dead right.

#5: Re: T-55 part i.d. needed Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:35 pm
    ----
Thank you everyone. That's just the information I needed.

-> AFV News Discussion Board