A little OT but might be fun
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: A little OT but might be fun Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:44 pm
    ----
- Joe_D
No, never, say it ain't so Laughing ,

It is suspiciously left out. Maybe because so many have seen it so often they choose movies they haven't actually seen in a long time.

One of my favorite scenes is after getting a quick assessment and Frago from "Oddball" over the net they come out of the railroad tunnel and wreck havoc.

Like this?

www.youtube.com/watch?...re=related

#17: Re: A little OT but might be fun Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:14 pm
    ----
- Dontos
My choices would range from the popular to the obscure.

Military movies/shows:

Cross of Iron
Gardens of Stone
Kellys Heroes
Band of Brothers
Saving Private Ryan
The Big Red One

etc,...etc,...etc

Don

Ground rules were that you had to Coose THREE Mr. Green

#18: Re: A little OT but might be fun Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:26 pm
    ----
- bsmart
- Dontos

Military movies/shows:

Cross of Iron
Gardens of Stone
Kellys Heroes
Band of Brothers
Saving Private Ryan
The Big Red One

etc,...etc,...etc

Don

Uhhhh....TANKER. Rules are for the Air Force. Laughing

#19: Re: A little OT but might be fun Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:54 pm
    ----
- bsmart
- Dontos

Military movies/shows:

Cross of Iron
Gardens of Stone
Kellys Heroes
Band of Brothers
Saving Private Ryan
The Big Red One

etc,...etc,...etc

Don

Somebody please tell me how to Coose? Mr. Green

#20: Re: A little OT but might be fun Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:20 pm
    ----
RULES!!! WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' RULES!!!

besides, Tankers can't count...

'Coose'?.....um, hmmm. Okay, I give up. Rolling Eyes

(must be some sort of Air Force slang....) Cool

Don

#21: Re: A little OT but might be fun Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:27 pm
    ----
C'mon Bob,

What's with the secret language????

#22: Re: A little OT but might be fun Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:37 am
    ----
Dammit Just cause I was in the Air Farce doesn't mean I can spell. I failed out of OTS on spelling and grammer Rolling Eyes

#23: Re: A little OT but might be fun Author: palic PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:43 am
    ----
Have you ever heard about Polish TV series Four tankies and the dog (B/W, approx 20 parts, not only lovestory but lots and lots of T-34 tanks) or about Czechoslovak film Tank brigade (B/W, story of 1st Czechoslovak Tank Brigade belonging to Czechoslovak Corps formed in USSR during WW2, lots of original vehicles incl. Panters, StuGs, Hetzers, Pz IVs, SdKfz 251, guns and trucks of German origin), Silent barricade (B/W with lots of original vehicles incl. Pz IV) about Prague uprising or first "post velvet revolution" military topic movie Tank battalion based on the book written by Skvorecky (68th Publishers, USA)? There is a famous scene in this movie of mass attack of T-34/85 battalion on height defended by a ... couple of foot soldiers (opfor) armed with rocket pistols and banners "Squadron of KROMWELL tanks" and "SCHERMAN COMPANY" (yes, typos indeed)... Cool
We even realised that in the inventory of new postwar Czechoslovak army there was at least one running SdKfz 234/1 ... unfortunately i disappeared in melted steel. Crying or Very sad

Lot of tanking in those films...

Four tankies and dog screenshots (one pic): www.modelforum.cz/down...;mode=view

Silent barricade screenshots (two pics): www.modelforum.cz/down...;mode=view and www.modelforum.cz/down...;mode=view

Tank battalion screenshots (two pics): www.modelforum.cz/down...;mode=view and www.modelforum.cz/down...;mode=view

Last edited by palic on Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

#24: Re: A little OT but might be fun Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:56 am
    ----
Palic

sounds interesting, but a 'chick-flick' series WITH tanks!!!

I Guess thats why there is a 'fast-forward' button..... Wink

Regards
Don

#25: Re: A little OT but might be fun Author: palic PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:14 pm
    ----
A Bridge at Remagen movie was filmed in former Czechoslovakia with lots of well dressed G.I. Joe soldiers, some halftracks and a certain number of M24 Chaffee tanks - these were days of WP international help beginning (1968) and there were rumours circulating around about "American tanks IVO Davle coming to Prague...". Wink

-> AFV News Discussion Board