M3A3 Lee
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: M3A3 Lee Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:51 pm
    ----
Took a whole series on the M3A3 'ol Kentucky' today. Interior is unbelievable. My first time in this vehicle.

I'll post individual detailed shots later, if anyone is interested.

Regards
Don

#2: Re: M3A3 Lee Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:00 pm
    ----
Yes please!

#3: Re: M3A3 Lee Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:11 pm
    ----
Ask and ye shall receive....

Main Gun and gunners position:

Main Gun and position controls:

Drivers Position:

I'll get more shots tomorrow, and post them. Any requests on interior views ??

Regards
Don

#4: Re: M3A3 Lee Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:27 pm
    ----
- Dontos

Regards
Don

Would everything be too much to ask? Laughing

Keep it up!

#5: Re: M3A3 Lee Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:30 pm
    ----
I'll try to fill that 'order'.

Don

#6: Re: M3A3 Lee Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:43 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
- Dontos

Regards
Don

Would everything be too much to ask? Laughing

Same here!

#7: Re: M3A3 Lee Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:43 pm
    ----

A hint as to what will happen tomorrow.....

Stay tuned Cool
Don

#8: Re: M3A3 Lee Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:38 pm
    ----
Today, in a driving rain storm, the M3A3 'Lee' was moved back into the museum as part of the display upgrades for the 'inter-war' period.

I took a few more interior photos

Main Gun:

Turret views:

Bow MG position:

Hull Escape hatch:

Regards
Don

#9: Re: M3A3 Lee Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:37 pm
    ----
Sweet.

#10: Re: M3A3 Lee Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:35 pm
    ----
The interior looks remarkably good considering.

#11: Re: M3A3 Lee Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:34 pm
    ----
She was one of the 'runners' for a few years, following the full restoration, but decisions were made to include her within the museum for display.

A few years ago, she was removed from the museum and put in storage. Considered a 'runner', but in non-operational condition, requiring some mechanical 'repair'.

Don

#12: Re: M3A3 Lee Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 4:23 pm
    ----
awesome pics !!

P-O

#13: Re: M3A3 Lee Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:41 pm
    ----
Don,
Thanks for the pics! I was totally unaware of its history from that plaque!

Did you get the SN off that data plate? All I have is the original RN (not the same as the painted RN)...

Neil

#14: Re: M3A3 Lee Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:59 pm
    ----
I can't believe I didn't take pics of the tow lug, but I think the SN is 1096. I'll check on this, and let you know.

Don

#15: Re: M3A3 Lee Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:05 pm
    ----
Looks like it should also be on that dataplate - do you have a high-res blow-up of it? Might be able to just get it off that...

Neil

-> AFV News Discussion Board