The Shell Game begins
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: The Shell Game begins Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 1:49 am
    ----
Gary

My mistake, it is an M36B2.

This little beast came from Bosnia in 1999.

In 1999, I was a member of SFOR 5, and participated in the convoy that went to the Weapon Storage site in our sector. I video taped the inpromptu ceremony of this particular vehicle being accepted by SFOR officials and then uploaded onto a HETT.

I had a copy of that VHS tape, but have yet to be able to locate it.

I distinctly remember the front slope impact 'splash' and square welded patch. I hope to find the tape, so that it can be added to the historical record of the vehicle.

BTW: It does in fact have a T55 engine in it. It ran in Bosnia, in 1999, but hasn't been run since it has been here. (at least that I am aware of...)

Regards
Don

#17: Re: The Shell Game begins Author: binder001 PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:46 pm
    ----
Don,

That's pretty cool! Not many museum vehicles have that kind of "trail" about their acquisition.

Looking forward to seeing some of you guys at the end of May.

Gary

#18: Re: The Shell Game begins Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 1:29 pm
    ----
There's a pretty good trail to the Former Iranian 105 Sherman too. Wink

Looking forward to seeing some of you guys at the end of May.

Getting pretty close to the day, maybe a roll call to see who's gonna be there?

#19: Re: The Shell Game begins Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:02 pm
    ----
A few notes from a quick 'run thru' of the Motor Pool today. Took a bunch of detailed photos and will post later, if interested

1) M26 serial # correction SN:1773 replaces SN:1761

2) Pre-production Bradley SN: 3AA00054

3) Interior photos of TAB 72

4) Interior photos of M-1 TTB

5) Interior photos of M48A5E1

More later
Don

#20: Re: The Shell Game begins Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:33 pm
    ----
M48A5E1:

TAB 72:

Don

#21: Re: The Shell Game begins Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:47 pm
    ----
Here is the LVT

USMC# 21638

Don

#22: Re: The Shell Game begins Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:57 pm
    ----
UPDATE:

As of today, in the pouring rain, a total of 64 vehicles have been relocated to the concrete area of the Motor Pool. I'm reediting my 'map' and index listing of all the vehicles as well as some 'new' information/data which should help fill in the holes on the register conserning most of the vehicles currently stored in Richardson Motor Pool.

Of course this is not a 100% solution as vehicles in the few buildings are subject to movement, based on the fact that they are runners. But I'll try to keep up on that as it occurs.

Any future visitors might want to get intouch with me via email or PM if there is a specific vehicle of interest, and I'll do my best to arrange access where it might be needed.

Of course (as a shameless promotion) the upcoming 60th Anniversary Exhibit & Demonstration would be an excellent chance to see some rarities as well as perhaps an arranged 'mini-tour' of the storage facilities.

Just a thought
Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board