Beechcraft A28 / XA-38 Grizzly Released
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> FS2004

#16: Re: Beechcraft A28 / XA-38 Grizzly Released Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:29 pm
    ----
Thank you again Milton, it is very much appreciated that you keep us in the loop Smile

fled
Cool

#17: Re: Beechcraft A28 / XA-38 Grizzly Released Author: MiltonLocation: New Mexico PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:48 pm
    ----
The team is working on finishing touches for version 2.

Adding model twists with a changeout of spinners and dropping the turrets for a post-WWII Korean war era version.

Also adding gauge backlighting and daytime shadow lighting.

Damian has added three beautifully crafted textures for the new models and enhanced the release 1 textures.

This version also corrects some minor issues of the first release. Should be out this week.

I should also mention that a CFS2 version will be released very soon by Bearcat241 (see the CFS2 forums at SOH), a CFS3 version is being worked on by hairyspin, and a native FSX version is being worked on by RAZBAM. The FS2002 and FS2004 version 1 releases are available now only at SOH. The FS2004 Version 2 should be up by Wednesday.

#18: Re: Beechcraft A28 / XA-38 Grizzly Released Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:53 am
    ----
The A28 Grizzley is the ONLY fixed-wing aircraft (other than a P-38) that I've ever been able to take off from "Roraima Prison" (elev. 6609) and fly direct to "Roraima Secret Base" (elev. 7406), land, stop, and turn around and repeat the other way (the Howard will do it, but you can't stop it at "Secret Prison"..runway is too short). Absolutely lurid angles of attack with firewalled throttle and flaps/gear down are required to do it...there is no time for raising or lowering either...the entire flight from runup to first wheel touchdown is 65 seconds. Full load of fuel. This is not going around the peaks while gaining altitude, but direct full power climb, no S-turns, no detours...runway end to runway beginning by most direct route. It is not easy.

In other words, the Griz is a powerful SOB! I love this plane!

The runways at both "Roraimas" (built on the anomaly in FS9) are between the distant peaks in the screenshots. Margin for error at the prison is zero, but the A-28 stops with room to spare (the only tail dragger I've ever been able to do it in...single engine fighters are a disaster there. You can just land a B-25 if all goes right, but you can't make the direct climb back)

Last edited by JG300-Ascout on Mon May 11, 2009 4:32 am; edited 2 times in total

#19: Re: Beechcraft A28 / XA-38 Grizzly Released Author: MiltonLocation: New Mexico PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:13 am
    ----
LOL Awesome!

Just FYI, I have the Release 2 Candidate out for test and will hopefully have it available Monday late or Tuesday.

#20: Re: Beechcraft A28 / XA-38 Grizzly Released Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:16 am
    ----
Milton,
Can you build a version with a little more "Ooomph"?

Just kidding. Mr. Green

(It would have been criminal to turn a civilian version loose on an unsuspecting public of private zillionaire pilots with more money than brains or experience)

#21: Re: Beechcraft A28 / XA-38 Grizzly Released Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:24 am
    ----
That big forward probocis is kinda' a turnoff for me. Is is possible to make an otherwise smooth nose version available in military markings or with something less "phallic"? Like either .50 cals in nose, or keeping nose smooth like the civvie and putting gun pods under wing. IOWs, dispensing with the big gun. Hey, it's all a fantasy anyway.

Whaddaya' think? Hose down bad guys with 6 .50 cal gun packs underwing and keep the nose clean. Call it the JG300 "High Volume Special". Love the plane, just not crazy about the "stinger" nose.

None of this is relevant to flying this gift...it's a dream to fly in any configuration, but some of the chicks have been whispering stuff like maybe I'm "overcompensating" with that threatening protuberance up front and I'm trying to get them to lower their defenses. Sometimes, less is more. Think you can help?

#22: Re: Beechcraft A28 / XA-38 Grizzly Released Author: MiltonLocation: New Mexico PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:29 pm
    ----
LOL Lest we forget, the Grizzly was an aircraft designed around the cannon. It was its purpose in being. Smile

And BTW, Version 2 has been uploaded to SOH, but you can also get it here:
www.flightsimonline.co...-fs9v2.zip

Just go easy as my site can only withstand so much. Wink

#23: Re: Beechcraft A28 / XA-38 Grizzly Released Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:39 pm
    ----
Thank you Milton Cool

Watch out for the screenies Wink

#24: Re: Beechcraft A28 / XA-38 Grizzly Released Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:11 pm
    ----
Doing my small part to sap Milton's bandwidth even now.... Mr. Green

#25: Re: Beechcraft A28 / XA-38 Grizzly Released Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 4:46 am
    ----
have just had a sudden attack of masochism, where might one find the aforementioned Roraima scenery Mr. Ascout?

#26: Re: Beechcraft A28 / XA-38 Grizzly Released Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:38 am
    ----
- piney
have just had a sudden attack of masochism, where might one find the aforementioned Roraima scenery Mr. Ascout?

Well, never being one to inhibit a guy's masochistic complex...I suggest HoverControl. There are two sceneries you need, Roraima Prison Camp (going in by helicopter to rescue the agent is the point, but there are other "amenities" if you screw that up") and the "Secret Base that supports those ops from the opposing towers are all at hover control.

If it motivates you, there are foxy babes there to give you "inspiration".

64.34.169.161/cgi-bin/...nery_-_FS9

Let me know if you get stuck. This is, by design, challenging flying with high cliff approaches at altitude with short runways. Optimised for heli's, but will accomodate certain very capably fixed wing types. As the altitude is up there, weight and fuel load are definitely factors. A Bell 206 with full fuel load will NOT take off from Roraima Secret Base without a lot of translational lift due to altitude. More powerful heli's are needed. Trick is to rescue the guy in the prison and get out again. Good luck!

Let me know if you can't find them at Hovercontrol, we'll work something out. These are not "friendly skies", by design. Wink

#27: Re: Beechcraft A28 / XA-38 Grizzly Released Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:42 pm
    ----
Thank you, you are a gentleman and a scholar*

Piney

*note, opinion may and probably will change after repeated deaths at your scenery Laughing

#28: Re: Beechcraft A28 / XA-38 Grizzly Released Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:55 am
    ----
- piney
Thank you, you are a gentleman and a scholar*

Piney

*note, opinion may and probably will change after repeated deaths at your scenery Laughing

We want "proof of life". Post a screenshot or we'll assume you're dead. If it ain't in the prison courtyard, it doesn't count, unless you're flying the Griz. Twisted Evil

#29: Re: Beechcraft A28 / XA-38 Grizzly Released Author: horseman88 PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:17 pm
    ----
Definitely another "gotta have it" from Milton, Smile my e-hanger just keeps growing an growing...... Laughing

#30: Re: Beechcraft A28 / XA-38 Grizzly Released Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:19 am
    ----
Thank you Milton and Crew. Another Beautiful bird.

-> FS2004