M42 & M47 at Illinois State Museum thanks to Waymarking.com
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: M42 & M47 at Illinois State Museum thanks to Waymarking.com Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:54 am
    ----
M42 Duster

www.waymarking.com/way...d_Illinois

M47 Patton

www.waymarking.com/way...d_Illinois

No confirmation of the M20 & M60A3 that are supposed to be at this museum...

Neil

#2: Re: M42 & M47 at Illinois State Museum thanks to Waymarking.com Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:20 am
    ----
That isn't an M42 it is an M19 based on the M24 Chassis. The most obvious difference is teh M19 has the gun tub at the rear of the vehicle, and the engine at the front ( bassically a reveresed chassis similar to the M52 and M53 Self proppelled guns)

#3: Re: M42 & M47 at Illinois State Museum thanks to Waymarking.com Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:15 pm
    ----
Uh... Bob, sorry, its actually just an M42 with the turret traversed over the rear...

Neil

#4: Re: M42 & M47 at Illinois State Museum thanks to Waymarking.com Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:19 pm
    ----
Yep, definitely an M42. What color is that they used or is it just my monitor? It looks brown. Sad

The Patton looks like it has a dummy machine gun barrels. Razz

#5: Re: M42 & M47 at Illinois State Museum thanks to Waymarking. Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:12 pm
    ----
Seems the coordinates of that M47 are way off. Location of the M42 are almost correct. Google streetview shows them both at the same location ( so does the pictures).

Michel

#6: Re: M42 & M47 at Illinois State Museum thanks to Waymarking.com Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:41 pm
    ----
Yeah, I noticed that...

Neil

#7: Re: M42 & M47 at Illinois State Museum thanks to Waymarking.com Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:47 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
Uh... Bob, sorry, its actually just an M42 with the turret traversed over the rear...

Neil

Yep, I concur. I was thinking it odd that they'd display it that way, too.

#8: Re: M42 & M47 at Illinois State Museum thanks to Waymarking.com Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:19 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner

Neil

Duh

#9: Re: M42 & M47 at Illinois State Museum thanks to Waymarking. Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:16 am
    ----
Bob will be away from the boards for a bit while attending a vehicle ID refresher course. Questions may be directed to Neil or myself.*

*Just kidding, Bob. I'm the one who called a T-34/85 a T-34/76. Just thought I'd mention it first before you edit my post. Laughing

-> AFV News Discussion Board