Bad News
-> FS2004

#1: Bad News Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:16 am
    ----
Avsim Destroyed!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Folks,

Today, AVSIM was destroyed by a hacker. Both of our primary servers were hacked and the partition tables destroyed, and that will be very difficult to overcome. I won’t speculate on who did it, but we will have a forensic done on our disks and scrutinize the logs to validate our suspicions.

I would appreciate if you could post the following as a news item or announcement on your websites or forums. Nels and Francois, I know we have been competitors, but I would very much appreciate you posting this on your web sites, if you could.

PRESS RELEASE: AVSIM Hacked!!

Tom Allensworth, CEO and Publisher of AVSIM, today issued the following announcement; “We regret to inform the flight simulation community that on Tuesday, May 12, AVSIM was hacked and effectively destroyed. The method of the hack makes recovery difficult, if not impossible, to recover from. Both servers, that is the library / email and web site / forum servers were attacked. AVSIM is totally offline at this time and we expect to be so for some time to come. We are not able to predict when we will be back online, if we can come back at all. We will post more news as we are able to in the coming days and weeks. END

Best Regards,
Tom Allensworth

Piney

#2: Re: Bad News Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:30 am
    ----
"Kill them...kill them with fire!"

I cannot use the language that I would otherwise employ on an open forum. Avsim has done nothing but bring pleasure to many thousands of enthusiast. I never uploaded there, but have downloaded often.

#3: Re: Bad News Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 3:17 am
    ----
Dang..........that really pi__es me off. I D L ed a lot of planes and appreciated the folks at avsim alot. Best of luck to them and I hope they find the A holes that did that.

WHAT THE H E LL IS THE WORLD COMIN TO!!!!

#4: Re: Bad News Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:48 pm
    ----
-S-

Why in the hell would someone do that..??? probably just kids, wrecked a great site for aircraft lovers, hope they get up again soon...

Hammer Smile Cool Smile Cool Smile

#5: Re: Bad News Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:08 pm
    ----
AVSIM DOWN

#6: Re: Bad News Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:58 pm
    ----
I've read as to how they had setup their servers, it was a thing coming that it would go wrong, also without getting into to much details, Mr. Tom is cashing in BIG TIME with all the "donations"

-> FS2004