Short Video Clip (M551)
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Short Video Clip (M551) Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:27 am
    ----
www.flickr.com/photos/...532834218/

#2: Re: Short Video Clip (M551) Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:55 am
    ----
Mark,
If I'm not mistaken, that is from the longer public domain film on the Redstone arsenal site "Employment of Attack Helicopters" which is an interesting 28 minutes of viewing we posted links to here a couple of years ago. It's still up and worth every minute. It's downloadable in it's entirety, too...along with some other great stuff. Essentially a promo for the AH-56 Cheyenne, it's endlessly entertaining. Laughing

M60's, M113's and Cobras, Oh My! The war my generation was trained to fight, but got side-tracked elsewhere....

www.com-central.net/in...highlight=

#3: Re: Short Video Clip (M551) Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:01 pm
    ----
Good find Mark.

#4: Re: Short Video Clip (M551) Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:18 pm
    ----
This is from a 30 minute video about Attack helicopters. I just kept the good stuff. Cool

#5: Re: Short Video Clip (M551) Author: Jim_Coles PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:07 am
    ----
A hell of a recoil on the M551.

#6: Re: Short Video Clip (M551) Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:09 am
    ----
- Jim_Coles
A hell of a recoil on the M551.

You should feel it on the inside! Shocked

#7: Re: Short Video Clip (M551) Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 4:31 am
    ----
Cruising the Redstone Arsenal videos again, I found a feature on my last assignment, AMC including some on the subordinate command, TEC ("...where troops test equipment under field conditions"). Some might find the viewing tedious, but there is some excellent footage of the loading/unloading of the early style smoke dischargers on an M551 at about 16:50, nice and close up, too. Earlier in the film, a test driver really gooses an M551 in a test, the sound is delicious.

Film is dated '74, so probably a composition of film from previous years, overlapping with mine. "Goer" footage was probably during my tenure (previous year or two), though that was not a project of mine.

www.redstone.army.mil/...ve_web.wmv

-> AFV News Discussion Board