Tiger II under restoration in Full
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#31: Re: Tiger II under restoration in Full Author: WimD.Location: The Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:23 pm
    ----
Hi,

Took some pictures last friday.

Regards,
Wim.

#32: Re: Tiger II under restoration in Full Author: recceboyLocation: Edmonton,Alberta PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:08 am
    ----
Wim

Thanks for posting.

Anthony

#33: Re: Tiger II under restoration in Full Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:07 am
    ----
Thanks for the pictures Wim. Hope you enjoyed the Museum.

Massimo

#34: Re: Tiger II under restoration in Full Author: VonForhud PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:54 am
    ----
You even have a spare 88 lying around. Smile

#35: Re: Tiger II under restoration in Full Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:43 pm
    ----
We discussed about that in the past. The spare gun belongs to a Jagdpanther. Its configuration is different

Massimo

#36: Re: Tiger II under restoration in Full Author: WimD.Location: The Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:55 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
Thanks for the pictures Wim. Hope you enjoyed the Museum.

Massimo

Hello Massimo,

I enjoyed the museum, and I sure wil visit the museum again when I am in the neighbourhood.

Regards,
Wim.

#37: Re: Tiger II under restoration in Full Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:05 pm
    ----
Just let me know next time you plan to visit. It's 4 hours away from my home and I could be able to join.

Massimo

#38: Re: Tiger II under restoration in Full Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:28 am
    ----
Wim, could I add the photos to PreservedTanks.com?

#39: Re: Tiger II under restoration in Full Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:57 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
Got some up to date info from Full, via Tobias Haudenschild

- The tank's history has not yet been cleared. Its s/n is
280215, it has been brought to the troops in September 1944 (probably Schwere
Panzerabteilung 506).

Massimo

I first read that on the Koenigstiger.ch website which is what led me to research PzAbt 506 as I wrote above. I put my conclusions on the tank's page, and I've not heard anything new to change my mind:

Unique ID 219: Tiger II at Full

- Massimo_Foti
Where it has been at the end of the war is unknown. There appeared new pictures showing it in Thun in 1956 (during the annual triaining
of Swiss Pz Bat 12 under command of major Hüssy, when the soldiers where trained on
the Centurion for the first time. The King Tiger served as a dummy for the Centurion recovery vehicles.

- The tank's torsion bars have been disassembled. Of the 18 bars, 5 were broken and the others are so rusty that they cannot be used anymore. Currently a German enterprise is producing the prototypes of newly built torsion bars.

- All 7 fuel tanks have been reconstructed and are ready to be integrated into the tank.
Saw them a few days ago. Check this thread for a picture:
www.com-central.net/in...mp;t=12966

- The skirts and the fenders have been rebuilt as well and are also ready.
See them here:
www.preservedtanks.com...p;Select=4

- Through eBay they got a new hatch for the close-quarter defence on the turret top.

- The cylinder heads have been completely restored.

- Some parts of the cooling compressor have been rebuilt.

Massimo

That information is new and interesting. I've made notes of it - unfortunately I've hit the limit on how much text I can put online for one tank (the 8000 character limit in SQL Server) so it'll have to just go in my offline book/manuscript instead.

- WimD.
Hi,

Took some pictures last friday.

Regards,
Wim.

Wim - thanks for emailing those pictures (and a few more). I've put them online, at the same link above.

#40: Re: Tiger II under restoration in Full Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:08 am
    ----
I have pictures of the new fuel tanks and other stuff I saw at the Museum's workshop in July. Let me know if you would like a copy.

Massimo

#41: Re: Tiger II under restoration in Full Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:23 am
    ----
You mentioned you might put all of your Full photos on a DVD, so I'm hoping they'll be on there and I can do them all in one go.

#42: Re: Tiger II under restoration in Full Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:11 pm
    ----
I was waiting for you to catch up with the pictures you already have. The one from my visit in April. So far you only published the M109, but there are more from that batch. I guess each of us was waiting for the other Laughing

Really, right now it's difficult for me to track what you already have and what's missing. My guess you are only missing pictures of the tanks in the workshop I took in July (Pz 39, M44, parts for Kingtiger) and G-13 M-78011 I saw in September.

Massimo

#43: Re: Tiger II under restoration in Full Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:48 pm
    ----
That's odd - I believe I am fully up to date with all photo's you have sent me of tanks in Switzerland (with the exception of the Lanzlinger collection which is sitting in my 'in-tray'), though a little behind in some of the information you have sent in emails:

preservedtanks.com/Loc...ryId=17710

The M109 photos are from a zip file ('m109_full.zip') of 29 June, which may explain the misunderstanding.

#44: Re: Tiger II under restoration in Full Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:21 pm
    ----
I was sure I've send you more stuff already... I guess I am wrong, sorry!
I'll assemble a good amount of material and send it your way. There are plenty of vehicles inside the new hangar that are missing from your website.

Massimo

#45: Re: Tiger II under restoration in Full Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:25 pm
    ----
Look forward to them! I know I have got behind on the Italian collections, I'm trying to make some progress on them too.

-> AFV News Discussion Board