MI armor confirmation 5.17.09
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: MI armor confirmation 5.17.09 Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:15 pm
    ----
First, I would post all and many of the pics I have taken... what site would be good for this? I noticed that others have used webshots and flickr?? I want something that is easy to navigate, easy to download from and has great thumbnails (without having to scroll thru a slideshow!).
What should I use, tell me how to do this...

Well, the M56 is there!!!! Unfortunately, there is no M84 on display!
Everything is outdoors.

Marcellus has not only the armor but a UH-1 and an excellent museum!!!
I about choked on my heart-- they had an early production M1 carbine that someone had "sporterized"! We meet Larry Romig, a Nam vet and museum staff member, and he contronted me as soon as I started to examine the firearms, "Are you ATF?". He said I was looking at everything very thoroughly... they could see me in the post bar survelliance cameras. They have had previous contact with the ATF
It is an excellent museum. Didnt expect that in such a small village, you can even stop in the post bar to get a brew!

Decatur has the M60, M60A3, and an M59, no M84. They have a nice park and picinic area and they have a Huey Cobra.
Marcellus has the M60, M56 and a Huey slick and a very nice memorial park and museum.
Climax has the M60A3.

Neil, what had you asked me about the M55? I can post pics of everything.
I recently reshot the pics of the M55, the M37 and the M4A3.

Neil, my full name is Shawn Rorah. I am the one i.d.'d as Ferguson. I had sent you pics years back for a website you were going to create.

SR

#2: Re: MI armor confirmation 5.17.09 Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:58 pm
    ----
- SHAWN
First, I would post all and many of the pics I have taken... what site would be good for this? I noticed that others have used webshots and flickr?? I want something that is easy to navigate, easy to download from and has great thumbnails (without having to scroll thru a slideshow!).
What should I use, tell me how to do this...

I use & recommend photobucket

Decatur has the M60, M60A3, and an M59, no M84. They have a nice park and picinic area and they have a Huey Cobra.

Sure that M59 wasnt an M84? - its the mortar carrier version of an M59...

Neil, what had you asked me about the M55? I can post pics of everything.
I recently reshot the pics of the M55, the M37 and the M4A3.

Yeah, pics of the Maybee M55 would be great. Is it the same one that used to be at TACOM?

Neil, my full name is Shawn Rorah. I am the one i.d.'d as Ferguson. I had sent you pics years back for a website you were going to create.

SR

So where did I get Ferguson from? Rolling Eyes

Neil

#3: Re: MI armor confirmation 5.17.09 Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:26 am
    ----
Thanks for sharing Shawn,

I always like seeing more M60 pictures Cool

#4: Re: MI armor confirmation 5.17.09 Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:54 am
    ----
Neil, it is an M84-- I was thinking Yugo MBT, I have seen stranger in small US towns... I expected to see one there... the rear hatch is on the right, thus an M84. I took no top side pics but I did look up top, but dont recall the hatch arrangement. I really would have like to have looked inside but it was locked. (The one is Pt. Huron used to be open)

I am not sure if that M55 was ever at TACOM. The Maybee monument was placed in 1985 so...

I am not bothered by the last name mix up. Dont know how it happened. You have your hands full, no big deal.

Well, Joe, I know I cant please everybody, but I hope I at least took the shots you would like to see...
My dad and I were chatting and said it is odd to call a tank that was at least modern to him, to call it an old tank and to see it sitting out as a monument...
even the 1st generation M1 is old. Almost 30 years, wow, 1981... when the day comes, it will be funny to see those sitting out as monuments.

SR

#5: Re: MI armor confirmation 5.17.09 Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:56 am
    ----
Shawn, I use Photobucket, its easy to use and here are instructions how to do it.. .... tinyurl.com/qfpfj4

If you need any help just ask me....I can walk you though it you need help..

-> AFV News Discussion Board