Should be at the Ordnance Museum tomorrow
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Should be at the Ordnance Museum tomorrow Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:40 am
    ----
I'm going to try to run some tours for folks in town for the East Coast MV Rally tomorrow at the Ordnance Museum. Of course I will also scout around to see what has been moved/changed. I'm hoping to see that the vehicles that were stored with various active fleet vehicles have been moved - T23s, Ontos, etc. If so of course I will take lots of pictures, get SNs. But who knows, its been 6 months since I've been there...

Let me know if there are any special requests...

Neil

#2: Re: Should be at the Ordnance Museum tomorrow Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:49 am
    ----
If possible,

Could you get some detailed shots of the M60 suspension, especially the number one support roller and front shocks. I am hoping to get that way this summer though. Trying to figure out where that three shock slick fits in to the scheme of things. Have yet to find any documentation on her.

#3: Re: Should be at the Ordnance Museum tomorrow Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:22 am
    ----
Will do Joe.

Neil

#4: Re: Should be at the Ordnance Museum tomorrow Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:35 pm
    ----
Some new photos of the Ontos would really be nice. I always like to update my Ontos photo register. Any Interior shots would really be cool also, if possible.

Don

#5: Re: Should be at the Ordnance Museum tomorrow Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:06 pm
    ----
I would love to see any picture of the 149/40 italian semovente:
See Wikipedia

It's the only prototype ever build, and I would love to check its state. No need for a complete walkaround, a shot or two just to see how it's going would be enough.

Same for Semovente da 47/32 and Semovente M41 da 90/53.

Thanks!

Massimo

#6: Re: Should be at the Ordnance Museum tomorrow Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:03 pm
    ----

#7: Re: Should be at the Ordnance Museum tomorrow Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:16 pm
    ----
Thanks for posting these!

I see the 149/40 is getting worst Sad

I was aware the 75/18 (pic 6 and 7) being restored, but wasn't aware the 47/32 (pic 4 and 5) got the same treatment too. That's great, since it's the only one surving in the world.

The 90/53 I mentioned before is the one you can see on the left in picture 7. Very few of them were build, mostly used in Sicily in 1943. The one in Aberdeen is the only surviving example.

Massimo

#8: Re: Should be at the Ordnance Museum tomorrow Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:54 pm
    ----
sorry I forgot

#9: Re: Should be at the Ordnance Museum tomorrow Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:09 pm
    ----
AJ,
Thanks for filling in on the Italian vehicles - I did not get a chance to photograph them this time. Sorry!

Did previously find these pretty good galleries:

Semovente da 47/32 su L6/40
www.flickr.com/photos/...474291167/

Semovente da 75/18 su M.41
www.peachmountain.com/..._tank.aspx

Semovente da 149/40 su M.14
svsm.org/gallery/semovente149-40

But I did get some good ones

Neil

#10: Re: Should be at the Ordnance Museum tomorrow Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 5:18 am
    ----
Thanks again to both. I was mostly interested in knowing their current state, seeing 47/32 repainted is already a great news.

Massimo

-> AFV News Discussion Board