Here is a link to what I saw at Fort Knox this morning
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Here is a link to what I saw at Fort Knox this morning Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:12 pm
    ----
it was fun

#17: Re: Here is a link to what I saw at Fort Knox this morning Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:18 pm
    ----
Jeff,
You got some great action shots. If I have some holes in the photo record for the web site, may I use some of your shots? Each shot will have a credit line.

Garry

#18: Re: Here is a link to what I saw at Fort Knox this morning Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:24 pm
    ----
Go for it Garry! Mr. Green I have more than what I posted, just ran out of finger time. Razz Mostly of the battlefield.

#19: Re: Here is a link to what I saw at Fort Knox this morning Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:48 pm
    ----
Thanks guys for all the photo's, not as good as being there but the next best thing. It's 25 years since I attended a Fort Knox show, but it brings back memories.

#20: Re: Here is a link to what I saw at Fort Knox this morning Author: west-frontLocation: Australia PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:29 pm
    ----
Posted in error Please delete

Last edited by west-front on Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total

#21: Re: Here is a link to what I saw at Fort Knox this morning Author: Chris_CLocation: WV, USA PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:55 pm
    ----
Great shots. I was able to come down Sunday after missing the event the past couple of years. I know that took a lot of hard work; thanks to everyone involved. A great photo op was staged Sunday afternoon:

#22: Re: Here is a link to what I saw at Fort Knox this morning Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:15 am
    ----
That's way too cool.

#23: Re: Here is a link to what I saw at Fort Knox this morning Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:33 am
    ----
- Chris_C
Great shots. I was able to come down Sunday after missing the event the past couple of years. I know that took a lot of hard work; thanks to everyone involved. A great photo op was staged Sunday afternoon:

Chris

Glad someone else got that photo. Took a little manuevering to get it right. We did a similiar side by side with the M5 / Bradley, and then the Stryker / M8 armored Car.

By that time, things were winding down, as we began to try and put all 'our' vehicles to bed. But that 'photo op' was pretty cool.

Don

#24: Re: Here is a link to what I saw at Fort Knox this morning Author: Chris_CLocation: WV, USA PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:21 am
    ----
Ah, too bad I missed those other combos, since the modern incarnations would've dwarfed the older vehicles. That would've been interesting to see. Good work, Don!

#25: Re: Here is a link to what I saw at Fort Knox this morning Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:32 am
    ----
"Sunday, Sunday, Sunday...see William "The Snake" Sherman in a winner-take-all 1/4 mile heads-up match race with Creighton "The Mongoose" Abrams at Ohio Valley Raceway....SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY....!!!!"

#26: Re: Here is a link to what I saw at Fort Knox this morning Author: JWB2 PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:36 am
    ----
One of these days I am going to get my butt out there... Cool

#27: Re: Here is a link to what I saw at Fort Knox this morning Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:36 pm
    ----
Only 5 1/2 hours away and I couldn't make it Sad

Maybe next time.

#28: Re: Here is a link to what I saw at Fort Knox this morning Author: binder001 PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:54 pm
    ----
Doggone it! It looks like I took off too early on Sunday afternoon. I didn't know anything like this was going down. I still have 300 photos and a bit of video to deal with.

What a fantastic weekend! My compliments to the whole Patton Museum team and everyone else who helped.

This morning I am going to post my new Patton Museum poster on my office wall.

Gary

#29: Re: Here is a link to what I saw at Fort Knox this morning Author: Chris_CLocation: WV, USA PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:15 am
    ----
- Chris_C
Ah, too bad I missed those other combos, since the modern incarnations would've dwarfed the older vehicles. That would've been interesting to see. Good work, Don!
I did get some video of the maneuvering (starting at ~3:30), by the way, including the world's most animated ground guide. Wink

#30: Re: Here is a link to what I saw at Fort Knox this morning Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:04 am
    ----
- Chris_C
- Chris_C
I did get some video of the maneuvering (starting at ~3:30), by the way, including the world's most animated ground guide. Wink

I assume this means, I'm 'THAT GUY' once again..... Mr. Green

Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board