Chasing a swiss LTL-H (aka Pz 39). Got it in Schaffhausen!
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Chasing a swiss LTL-H (aka Pz 39). Got it in Schaffhausen! Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:53 pm
    ----
Today I've manage to find the LTL-H that left Solothurm in 2006.
It's now in Museum im Zeughaus at Schaffhausen (very near the german border).

It's a nice museum, only drawback it's opened only 6 days a year Shocked
Only 3 tanks, but all in running order.
They have a good selection of swiss softskins, including some very cool artillery tractors, different Condor motorbikes and a wonderful Universal sidecar. Many swiss artillery too.

They also have a G-13 and a Pz 68/88, but they weren't visible today because there was a special event, celebrating swiss border guards. Since more space than usual was required to run demos with cars and dogs, both G-13 and a Pz 68/88 were left in storage Crying or Very sad

Anyway, while I really wanted to look at the G-13, my main target was the LTL-H. It's in great shape (it's a runner), with proper painting, but no markings. It's properly stored indoor, you can really walk around it, but not enough space to get a good "portrait". You can see some pics below:

Pierre-Olivier, I have bigger, higher resolution shots, please send me a PM if you would like one of them for the PDF.

This make the fifth know surviving LTL-H. Not too bad considering only 24 were build

Hope to be back there in September/October for the G-13.

Massimo

-> AFV News Discussion Board