First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -survivors
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#31: Re: First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -survivors Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:04 am
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
For me it is very strength that Somme Heritage Centre sold so unique vehicle.

Museums sometimes do strange things... Last time I was in Morges (Switzerland), I discovered they gave away their G-13 for free Shocked
I knew it went to Maginot Line Memorial Way, Barst (France) in 2007, after all there was no place to properly store it in Morges, but I expected the museum to make some money out of it...

Massimo

for free !!!!!

#32: Re: First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -surviv Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:04 pm
    ----
"JimWeb"
Could you find the photos of Lancia or RR?

#33: Re: First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -surviv Author: ossie PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:18 pm
    ----
hi
what about Bovingtons Tank museums RR car.
Ossei

#34: Re: First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -surviv Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:18 pm
    ----
- bialy-r
"JimWeb"
Could you find the photos of Lancia or RR?

Not yet!

#35: Re: First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -survivors Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:25 pm
    ----
You'll want this one if you havent already

www.wwi-models.org/Pho...index.html

Neil

#36: Re: First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -surviv Author: vintaryLocation: ireland PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:07 am
    ----
hello to all,,
with regard to the rolls royce armoured car in belfast that was sold to a private collector in england has anyone got any more information about it,, to the best of my knowledge there is only 3 original rolls royce armoured cars 1= curragh camp kildare ireland 2= bovington tank museum uk 3= ahmednagor maharashtra museum india,, there is also a 4th with a private collector in the uk which is an x irish car (ARR1 tom keogh) that was restored from the original chassis that was sold by the irish army without its armour in the 60s there is also about 8 copies in private collections some of which were built for films.... it would be great if there was a photo of the belfast one.....

#37: Re: First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -surviv Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:46 pm
    ----
Lancia Triota (photo of it) at Ulster Folk and Transport Museum

www.modelshipwrights.c...065&page=1

#38: Re: First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -surviv Author: 8Hussar PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:17 pm
    ----
I have some pics of the Great War Autocar MG Carrier used by Canada. Please see my Photobucket site:
s661.photobucket.com/a...6/8Hussar/
...and look under Great War amoured vehicles. Cheers!

8Hussar
Don Allen

#39: Re: First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -surviv Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:23 pm
    ----
New repros of:
Austin
Russo-Balt

on Lesany 2010
www.fronta.cz/fotogale...esany-2010

#40: Re: First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -surviv Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:07 am
    ----
Austin Armoured Car in Lvov/Lviv Ukraine - a repro ?

www.flickr.com/photos/...600161532/

#41: Re: First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -surviv Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:40 am
    ----
Lancia IZ armoured car and a Fiat 3000 tank in Cirene / Shahat.

"In fact, these were naturally not originalls but remnants of the famous film Omar el-Mukhtar dating back to 1976. The Lancia IZ is a quite accurate replica based on the chassis of a Landrover. The Fiat 3000 is a bit less accurate and was built around a Caterpillar."

www.jebelsherif.org/in...d=9&page=8

#42: Re: First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -surviv Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:20 am
    ----
repro? of Fiat-Izorski Armoured Car in Izhorskiye Zavody or Izhora Plants in Kolpino (Russia)

kolpino-city.ru/news/1/665/

previously it was in park kolpino-city.ru/photo/.../095_3.jpg

Some other repros including first repro of Putilov-Garford armoured car
www.forum.aroundspb.ru...oto=140753

ps. This have www.panoramio.com/photo/57823118 to many advertisements

#43: Re: First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -surviv Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:13 am
    ----
repro of Austin-Putilov "Poznańczyk"

www.mmwarszawa.pl/phot...+WARSZAWIE

On 28th May 1920 around Bobruisk soldiers from the 55th Infantry Regiment of the 14th Wielkopolska Infantry Division captured an Austin-Putilov armoured car named "Stienka Razin". The car was one of the vehicles from the 1st Armoured Unit and was supported by the Soviet infantry, but fell into a ditch and was stuck, and then abandoned by the crew. After getting the car, it was renamed into "Poznańczyk", and became the first vehicle to the newly created Wielkopolski Armoured Car Platoon. The vehicle and the platoon commander was Leutenet Felix Peto. In July, the platoon took part in the fighting retreat from Bobruisk and was moved to Warsaw, where in August was reorganized in the Second Armoured Car Platoon.

derela.republika.pl/austin2p.htm

-> AFV News Discussion Board