What is that ?
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: What is that ? Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:48 pm
    ----
What is that ?
community.livejournal....u/tag/1960
It look like some type of armoured draisine.

#2: Re: What is that ? Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:25 pm
    ----
Looks like the economical version of the EM-50. Laughing

#3: Re: What is that ? Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:44 pm
    ----
Fairly certain it is an armored train car.

Neil

#4: Re: What is that ? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:46 pm
    ----
Might it have been used on rail or trolley tracks for patrolling?

#5: Re: What is that ? Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:51 pm
    ----
- JeffStringer
Looks like the economical version of the EM-50. Laughing

Warning: NO 'STRIPES' references, especially the 'EM 50'.

(Although it does sorta look like an early prototype....)

Don

#6: Re: What is that ? Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:04 pm
    ----
That is EM-50 URBAN ASSAULT VEHICLE
www.cloudster.com/sets...terior.htm
Cool

ps. from what country and what period that armoured wagon might be?

#7: Re: What is that ? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:28 pm
    ----
- Dontos
Warning: NO 'STRIPES' references, especially the 'EM 50'.

"Lighten up, Francis...." Laughing

...and just for Joe, a little "Doo-Wah-Diddy-Diddy-Dum-Diddy-Doo" complete with M60 footage.

"She looked good, she looked fine"

www.youtube.com/watch?...re=related

#8: Re: What is that ? Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:59 pm
    ----
Perhaps Russian from the 1960's ??

A pure guess.

Now I know why 106mm RR's are hard to find,.....(borrowing from the same site.....TOO COOL!! Cool

Don

#9: Re: What is that ? Author: HellonwheelsV100 PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:39 pm
    ----
I am pretty sure I have seen one of those, if not that exact one, in Thailand or the Philippines. Can't remember which one.

#10: Re: What is that ? Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:49 am
    ----
Found this on one of the discussion threads.

Appears to be 1950(?) perhaps...

Don

#11: Re: What is that ? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:40 am
    ----
- Dontos
Found this on one of the discussion threads.

Appears to be 1950(?) perhaps...

Don

One of the two negatives appears to be flipped (can't say which is right), but I think you nailed it!

#12: Re: What is that ? Author: sapper141 PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:41 am
    ----
Hi guys
the armored trains in question are called Wickums they were initially used in Vietnam by the French then the ARVN some were also shipped a few other countries in the region
Seeya

#13: Re: What is that ? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:45 am
    ----
- sapper141
Hi guys
the armored trains in question are called Wickums they were initially used in Vietnam by the French then the ARVN some were also shipped a few other countries in the region
Seeya

Probably out of service when I got there. Did see a few steam trains with armored cars as part of their making up the the train, but nothing that could have functioned independently. These look like they have their own locomotion capability, so are probably before my time.

#14: Re: What is that ? Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:38 pm
    ----
Now I know why 106mm RR's are hard to find,.....(borrowing from the same site.....TOO COOL!!

top secret soviet era plumbing supply vehicle Laughing

#15: Re: What is that ? Author: HellonwheelsV100 PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:44 pm
    ----
Those turrets on the second pic look like the ones from Ferrets and Saracens. It is English made?

-> AFV News Discussion Board