Some Aberdeen things....
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Some Aberdeen things.... Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:04 pm
    ----
Aberdeen Guys, anyone have more recent pics of any of these and are they still at aberdeen, if not at Aberdeen any idea where they are?

4. Koblenz maybe?

5.German10.5cm le FH 18-40

10. japanese type Type 90 Anti-tank Gun

Last edited by armyjunk2 on Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:57 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Some Aberdeen things.... Author: binder001 PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:15 pm
    ----
I'm certainly not a Tiger expert (more of a Sherman fan), but the Kingtiger is (I believe) the one now at Patton Museum (Turm nr 332). The Tiger I from APG was sent to Germany for restoration and was loaned for display. It was supposed to have come home a couple years ago. I imagine current plans are not to bring it home until the facility at Ft. Lee is ready.

Gary

#3: Re: Some Aberdeen things.... Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:55 pm
    ----
I see the TigerII at Knox all the time, does anyone know when the cutaway was done?? That is what had me confused about it.

#4: Re: Some Aberdeen things.... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:11 pm
    ----
It was done in the late 40's at APG.

The photo of it on display there is sheet metal tack welded over the cutaway areas.

Don

#5: Re: Some Aberdeen things.... Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:13 pm
    ----
That works for me, thanks Don

#6: Re: Some Aberdeen things.... Author: recceboyLocation: Edmonton,Alberta PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:02 am
    ----
The Tiger 1 is with the Wheatcroft collection waiting restoration.

#7: Re: Some Aberdeen things.... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:00 am
    ----
#2 & 3 have been covered.

#4 remains a bit of mystery to me. We discussed it just a little while ago...
www.com-central.net/in...mp;t=11097

Will need some more time for #5 - lots of towed artillery...

#6 is the M1920 Gun Motor Carriage, in storage at the warehouse.

#7 is the M1922E Mk X GMC, aka "Slo Poke." Also in the warehouse.

#8 is the M3 Gun Motor Carriage, in the LST Building at Fort Knox.

#9 is the BA-64B at the Military Museum of Southern New England in Danbury CT.

Neil

-> AFV News Discussion Board