Ok- Here's a weird pic request
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Ok- Here's a weird pic request Author: HellonwheelsV100 PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:58 pm
    ----
Anyone have any good pics of the M75 APC that was used to move the US Constitution at some point back in the 50s?

I found a small pic of it, but I would love to find a better one.

#2: Re: Ok- Here's a weird pic request Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:08 pm
    ----
How about this....

On December 13, 1952, service women, ceremonial troops, and an armored personnel carrier participate in the ceremony to transfer the Charters of Freedom (Declaration of Independence, Constitution, and Bill of Rights) from the Library of Congress to the National Archives. Brig. Gen. Soyte O. Ross leads 12 special policemen as they carry the crates up the National Archives Building steps and deliver the Declaration, Constitution, and Bill of Rights into the custody of the Archivist of the United States.

Don

#3: Re: Ok- Here's a weird pic request Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:22 pm
    ----
From Life magazine....

www.life.com/image/50653443

Don

#4: Re: Ok- Here's a weird pic request Author: HellonwheelsV100 PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:36 pm
    ----
you guys always amaze!

#5: Re: Ok- Here's a weird pic request Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:50 pm
    ----
I'll bet there is video footage somewhere, trying to find that. Interesting event.

Thanks for the tip, the search is always a neat change of pace, if not an interesting quest to find anything.

Regards
Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board