St Louis Veterans Home-Parrott Rifle and Unknown (ID Help?)
-> Artillery Forum

#1: St Louis Veterans Home-Parrott Rifle and Unknown (ID Help?) Author: ShermanWasRightLocation: Central Ohio/Northern Kentucky PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:37 pm
    ----
There were also these two displayed outside the Veterans home. The Parrott Rifle is a replica according to the plaque:

I swear I recognise this type of gun from somewhere, but I can't remember what it was called. If anyone could ID it I'd appreciate it

That's all I've got for now. I've got some stuff mapped out in Denver, but I don't know if I'll be able to convince my parents to stop, or how often we'll be in Denver.

#2: Re: St Louis Veterans Home-Parrott Rifle and Unknown (ID Help?) Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:33 am
    ----
The original french design is 155 mm GPF, most likely this is the american copy. See wikipedia

Massimo

#3: Re: St Louis Veterans Home-Parrott Rifle and Unknown (ID Help?) Author: ShermanWasRightLocation: Central Ohio/Northern Kentucky PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:07 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
The original french design is 155 mm GPF, most likely this is the american copy. See wikipedia

Massimo

Thanks Massimo! Smile

#4: Re: St Louis Veterans Home-Parrott Rifle and Unknown (ID Help?) Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:48 pm
    ----
Did you get a chance to look at the top of the Breech area? Many times there is information there that will give some clues to the origins of the piece

#5: Re: St Louis Veterans Home-Parrott Rifle and Unknown (ID Help?) Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:03 am
    ----
official name is 155-MM. gun materiel, model 1918 (filloux)

-> Artillery Forum