Reposting: HellonwheelsV100 - help with your photobucket?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Reposting: HellonwheelsV100 - help with your photobucket? Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:54 pm
    ----
Reposting from before:

HellonwheelsV100,
Can you tell me where some the pictures in your photobucket album were taken? I'm particularly interested in the XM800T:

s275.photobucket.com/a.../?start=40

Neil

#2: Re: Reposting: HellonwheelsV100 - help with your photobucket Author: HellonwheelsV100 PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:28 pm
    ----
Neil-

The M114, V100, M38A1 and the Ferret are mine, and were taken in Portland. The M75 was a project my friend and I restored in Vancouver, WA.

The XM800 was photographed at the MVPA Nationals in Oakland CA. It was brought out by a person that worked for BAE systems. According to him, it had been sitting there forever, and he got approval to get it up and running, and takes it to events, but it belongs to BAE. I have other pictures of this same vehicle at the Santa Clara County Reserve Shooting Competition, where it delivered the Colors to start the event. I will try to find them too.

I rarely update my photobucket, so if you are looking for anything in particular let me know and I will find it for you.

Dave

#3: Re: Reposting: HellonwheelsV100 - help with your photobucket? Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:03 pm
    ----
Dave,
Many thanks for the info. The XM800T looked so good I thought it must have been owned by BAE - in Santa Clara I assume...

BTW, didnt you also have the Commando Scout?

Neil

#4: Re: Reposting: HellonwheelsV100 - help with your photobucket? Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:16 pm
    ----
More on the XM800T - its one of 3 survivors, along with the one in Fort Knox is pretty good condition, and the deteriorating near-wreck at the Military Museum of Southern New England.

I did notice this one seems to have a slightly different turret? Its missing the sight... Maybe its just a VISMOD to cover over a missing sight.

Compare vs the Knox example

svsm.org/gallery/xm800

Neil

-> AFV News Discussion Board