The Netherlands AFV Registers
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22, 23, 24  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#151: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:07 pm
    ----
Hi folks,

could some one tell me what type of Sherman this is

www.mijnalbum.nl/Grote...7XJF3V.jpg

An M4A1(75) Sherman or .... Confused Confused Confused

Michel

#152: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:56 pm
    ----
Edit : it doesn't seem to be an M4A1 Grizzly, because the differential cover is not the bolted one.
Seems to be an usual M4A1(75) Sherman.

P-O

#153: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:40 pm
    ----
Thanks P-O

Something new to ad to the list

Michel

#154: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:09 am
    ----
That Sherman looks familiar, I believe i've seen it before.
Isn't it the same that was used as tester for those new tracks that Staman made, if so its equiped with a twin diesel. I have to search the pictures I've made at Tanks in Town last year.

Michel

#155: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:27 pm
    ----
- Tichenor
Isn't it the same that was used as tester for those new tracks that Staman made

Hi Michel,

in my opinion it's, the one and the same
There are some picture's, including one from the Staman site, in the "Liberty Camp Delden" thread

I also found some more picture on an Dutch online photo album site
The picture is from 2009

Warning:
There is an chalk painted pin-up like Lady on this picture, however with-out the usual clothing
The picture is of the left side of the tank

www.mijnalbum.nl/Grote...3MT4TA.jpg

complete album
www.mijnalbum.nl/Album...delen.html

Michel

#156: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:34 pm
    ----
Hi folks,

for the people interrested in old picture's from museum's

I found on flickr an set of old photo's from the Overloon museum

www.flickr.com/photos/...o/page479/

and

www.flickr.com/photos/...o/page480/

I would guess the picture's are about 20-25 old

Michel

#157: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:01 pm
    ----
On page 483 he has even 2 pictures from the Panther in Houffalize back in 1981 !
Nice pictures Michel.

Walter

#158: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:36 pm
    ----
Hi folks,

still working on the new version of the NLD AFV Reg

I have come across an picture of an armoured car at an Dutch museum
Could some one tell me what it is Confused

www.canadianalliedforc...seum32.jpg

It is at an museum called STICHTING CANADIAN ALLIED FORCES 1940 - 1945, at Groningen

The strange thing is that the vehicle has WW2 Polish armored division markings

Michel

#159: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:38 am
    ----
It is a Marmon Herrington Armoured Car Mk IV

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marmon-Herrington_Armoured_Car

"In total, 5,746 Marmon-Herrington Armoured Cars were built. About 4,500 were used by South African units, while others were employed by British, Indian, New Zealand, Greek, Free French, Polish and Belgian forces."

P-O

#160: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:54 pm
    ----
Welcome for the ID, P-O

They have 2 at the museum
One is fully restored and appears at show's, the other is still "original" rusty Mr. Green

Michel

#161: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:56 am
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
Welcome for the ID, P-O

They have 2 at the museum
One is fully restored and appears at show's, the other is still "original" rusty Mr. Green

Michel

the two vehicles you are talking about are already listed there :

http://the.shadock.free.fr/Surviving_Marmon_Herrington.pdf

Mr. Green

P-O

#162: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:38 pm
    ----
If I ask you guy's it's not so quiet at the site

So, to keep you all busy
I found an picture on an online photo album site and was wondering what it is
All I could figure out, is that it is based on the Leopard 2 chassis

Warning the picture is large 3900x2600
www.mijnalbum.nl/Grote...DG64SQ.jpg

Some who has an idea?
Also if some-one know's what it is, is it still in active service or is it turning into an museum piece?

Of special interrest is the RN 84-KP-00, in which KP means that it belongs to an supporting military branche
So it is not part of the army, airforce or navy

There are some Leo's II for driver training, however I only know them with the purpose build cabin for the instructor

Michel

#163: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:29 pm
    ----
Hi folks

question, what type of carrier is this Confused

picasaweb.google.nl/r....6760964594

Michel

#164: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:58 pm
    ----
this is a Lloyd Carrier

#165: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:14 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
If I ask you guy's it's not so quiet at the site

So, to keep you all busy
I found an picture on an online photo album site and was wondering what it is
All I could figure out, is that it is based on the Leopard 2 chassis

Warning the picture is large 3900x2600
www.mijnalbum.nl/Grote...DG64SQ.jpg

Some who has an idea?
Also if some-one know's what it is, is it still in active service or is it turning into an museum piece?

Of special interrest is the RN 84-KP-00, in which KP means that it belongs to an supporting military branche
So it is not part of the army, airforce or navy

Michel

Just a normal Leopard 2A4 hull. The KP numbers are also normal. It can be 83-KP-xx, 84-KP-xx, 85-KP-xx and 86-KP-xx. In the past 84-KP-00 (serial is 12123) was from DMKL (Material Command). IIRC it is now from Maaldrift. Not active service anymore.

Picture of an (then) operational ''KP'' registred A5 in Bosnia

Regards,
Lesley

-> AFV News Discussion Board