The Netherlands AFV Registers
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22, 23, 24  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#226: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:54 pm
    ----
Thanks Michel,

I forgot that there was an track page at the Sherman register

Youre rigth about the track type on the Sherman
The one on the left side is T49 style and I have checked the right side
It is T54 type and to be more precise it is T54E1 type
The cheveron is welded onto the carrier

Michel

#227: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:07 pm
    ----
Michel

Looks like a T49 type on the right side and a T54 on the left side.
More on tracks you can find here: web.inter.nl.net/users...k_vvss.htm

Tichenor

#228: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:25 pm
    ----
Do you have found any number on it

I was hoping no one would ask.......I forgot to check
However, in an strange twist of the mind, I did check for the coordinates on the navigation system in the car Shocked

Can I make up with a picture of an CV-90 that was standing in Goes at the show?

Some of the boys and girls in green (no offence) where there for promotion with an Mecedes patrol vehicle and they had an CV9035NL parked outside

Pitty from the camouflage netting they put around it Sad

Michel

#229: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:14 pm
    ----
Nice picture(s)! Do you have found any number on it? It has the same r/n (30419403) as the one in Best.

regards,
Lesley

#230: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:27 pm
    ----
Hi folks,

I went to an general scale model (so military, ships, boats, etc) at Goes, Zeeland today
And because I did pass Woensdrecht along the way I decided to stop at the Sherman there

No could some one help me please, with ID of the used track's on the M4A1E9(75)Sherman

I never noticed, however there are 2 different type's of track used on this vehicle

More picture's here
s1015.photobucket.com/...20Sherman/

Michel

#231: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:55 pm
    ----
Hi folks,

if one of you bought the Russian PT-76 from ArmyCars at Zwijndrecht, please let me know

Then I remove it from teh NLD AFV-register Wink

It is for sale
www.milweb.net/classif...0494&cat=1

Michel

#232: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:57 am
    ----
- JG300-Ascout

It almost looks like a "Holy hand grenade of Antioch" Monty Python moment. Sad

Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green
Funny movie!

I think it has something to do with a (re-)burial of a soldier
Link below is about two crewmembers of a British bomber.
www.volkskrant.nl/binn...erbegraven

Regards,
Lesley

#233: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:05 am
    ----
Hi Marco,

P-O also had the number, however thanks for the picture

If you, or someone else has SN from other vehicle's at Overloon, fell free to post them

Still missing are:
Archer 17pdr SPG
BRDM-2
BTR-60 PB
Churchill Mk V
Crusader gun tractor
Humber LRC Mk III
IS-2 m1943
M8 greyhound (both vehicle's)
M16 half track MGMC
M29 Weasel (both vehicle's)
M32B3 TRV
M113A1 C&V
Renault FT
Sexton Mk II SPG
T17E1 Staghound
T34/85 (SN of one vehicle is know, however not clear which vehicle)
T-55 (if some one also know's the correct version)
Universal Carrier No 2 Mk II
Universal Carrier (demining)
Valentine Bridgelayer
ZSU-23.4 V1 Shilka

Michel

#234: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: MarcoHLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:30 pm
    ----
Hereby the serial number from Sherman 3026601.
It reads 15499 and is located on all 4 towing lugs.

Marco

#235: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:41 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
Seriously, I hope it wasn't services for a lost crew

If I remember correct that is exactly what it is

Besides the famous vehicle collection there is also an small part of the museum concerning the other side of war

And part of this is, at least has been in the past because the subject changes from timt to time, are the shot down crew's from RAF and USAF plane's

I think there about 4-5 of these burriels a year, it is getting less over the years

If crew members from the RAF are recovered, they usually recieve an burial with full military honor at the local cemetery or an central cemetery
I think this also happens with recovered USAF crews, however they are all at the central US cemetery Margraten

Holland was the main high way for the allied bombers going to Germany and returning from Germany

There is an Dutch site concerning war graves in Holland and there are more then 470 cemeteries where Commonwealth graves are
About only 50 of these locations have more then +/- 25 graves, most of the others only 1 - 10

Michel

#236: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:22 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
Hi folks

while surfing the net I found the following link
It is an old webvert (2006) from the wilweb.net site
www.milweb.net/webverts/29524/

It is about an CHURCHILL MK VII CROCODILE infantry tank, which was on sale from Sindorf Trading Holland, The Netherlands

Those some one has an idea what happend to it?
The serial number is D52135

Michel

Gone there, in France :
http://www.asphm.com/projets/projet_churchill_mk_v_II_crocodile/projet_churchill_mk_V_II_crocodile.html

P-O

#237: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:14 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
- the_shadock
Is it possible that the Sherman "After Hitler" (a Sherman from Overloon) is RN 3026601

it still is Mr. Green

Michel

What the heck is being portrayed in the photograph in the background? It almost looks like a "Holy hand grenade of Antioch" Monty Python moment.

Seriously, I hope it wasn't services for a lost crew. Sad

#238: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:01 pm
    ----
Hi folks

while surfing the net I found the following link
It is an old webvert (2006) from the wilweb.net site
www.milweb.net/webverts/29524/

It is about an CHURCHILL MK VII CROCODILE infantry tank, which was on sale from Sindorf Trading Holland, The Netherlands

Those some one has an idea what happend to it?
The serial number is D52135

Michel

#239: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:34 pm
    ----
- the_shadock
Is it possible that the Sherman "After Hitler" (a Sherman from Overloon) is RN 3026601

it still is Mr. Green

There are some differences between the old picture and this new one
The most distinct one is the missing of the two exhaust at the lower edge of the rear plate Confused

I will add the SN and RN to the file
The best way to hide, is to hide in plain sight

Michel

#240: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:01 pm
    ----
Is it possible that the Sherman "After Hitler" (a Sherman from Overloon) is RN 3026601?
The SN is for sure 15499

[img]http://resolver.kb.nl/resolve?urn=urn:gvn:SFA02:1000738&role=page&count=1&role=image&size=variable[/img]

http://resolver.kb.nl/resolve?urn=urn:gvn:SFA02:1000738&role=page&count=1&role=image&size=variable

P-O

-> AFV News Discussion Board