The Netherlands AFV Registers
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#286: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Hanno_Spoelstra PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:28 pm
    ----
- TimRoyall
I thought all the tanks had gone from the Netherlands?

They have all been struck off charge, but selling (and shipping them out) is another thing when supply is higher than demand. So they are no longer in operational use, but they have not gone yet.

#287: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:02 pm
    ----
- L.Delsing
The former 11Tkbat Leo1V is located between the cinema and obstacle course together with a M113C&V.

In front of the buildings of 42nd BLJ is a AMX-13, near the traditionsroom of the 17th Painfbat is also a AMX-13.

On the left of the backgate (entrance to the training area) are the other 3 Leopard 1Vs which are at Oirschot for training purposes.

There are two areas were the tanks, PZH2000 will give demonstrations, one at the Strijpse Kampen (airport side) and one area behind the cinema.

Have a nice day!

Regards,
Lesley

I had a realy good day ...... and my feet are killing me Mr. Green

Concerning the AFV's.
- found the Leo 1 and M113 C&V between obstacle course and cinema;
- found the AMX13 CVI, near the Prinses Irene Brigade museum
(note: old military guy's are just as bad as young folk, they have to touch and open everything. There was a big sign at the AMX "wet paint" apperently had it been repainted for this event and you could see all hatches where welded shut ... and still they all tried to open the vehicle hatches ..... )
- found 2 Leo 1's that are used for training however they where covered up Neutral
- did not find the other old AFV you mentioned

however the artillery museum brought along from the collection a M109, a PRTL Cheetah and a M270 MLRS - system

have to honest, I spend a lot of time all over the new Leopard 2 engineering / breakthrough tank Kodiak
So did mis some parts of the show to keep it within the time frame

Michel

#288: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:05 pm
    ----
Michel, did you update your camera?

Massimo

#289: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:07 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
Michel, did you update your camera?

Massimo

eh ... yep, how do you know Confused

#290: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:09 pm
    ----
The EXIF in the image above reports it was taken with a Canon EOS 600D. As fas as I remember you used to have a 350D or something along that line.

Massimo

#291: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:16 pm
    ----
Massimo, you are in the wrong business ..... you should start working for the police ... Wink

However to anwser your question, I still have the old 350D however also bought a 600D.
This event was the first real try-out of the 600D and I like it.

For some more photo's of the event:
s1015.photobucket.com/...0Oirschot/

I'm still sorting them out and will add some more

#292: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 5:48 am
    ----
I surviving NLD MLRS? Is this an original one. I thought ''we'' only had a former US Army MLRS because we sold all NLD MLRSs.

Regards,
Lesley

#293: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:03 am
    ----
- L.Delsing
I surviving NLD MLRS? Is this an original one. I thought ''we'' only had a former US Army MLRS because we sold all NLD MLRSs.

Regards,
Lesley

I realy don't know, there was no one around to ask.
Tried to find some serial number at the vehicle, none found.

Concerning the M109 SPG RN KZ-88-11, the last known location was Maaldrift.

The PRTL Cheetah was a new one sample, the RN KU-80-20 is not known to me.
I tried to take a photo of the sn and only succeed partly, I think it reads 3552?.
This would fit in to the known serial numbers, the 1 at Breda being 35511 and the 1 previous at Zwijndrecht 35509

Michel

#294: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:52 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
also bought a 600D.
This event was the first real try-out of the 600D and I like it.

Me too - good choice!

#295: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 9:23 pm
    ----

during the Dutch army open house day, newly found M3 for the list

I only know it belongs to a "military" collection, not a private collection.
So it could be the cavalry museum or the Wassenaar/Maaldrift depot or ... no idea

#296: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:44 pm
    ----

for your information

#297: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:20 am
    ----
The M113C&V at the Tonnet barracks in 't Harde is back from maintenance. It is back in front of the buildings of 104th Recce Squadron.

#298: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:15 pm
    ----
Is ALS a factory which builded M24 Chaffees? This link is from the army museum regarding their M24 which is in storage at the moment

www.collectie.legermus...12_002.jpg

#299: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Hanno_Spoelstra PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:36 pm
    ----
- L.Delsing
Is ALS a factory which builded M24 Chaffees? This link is from the army museum regarding their M24 which is in storage at the moment

"No.57, 5.59" - I think this is a rebuild plate. ALS would be the rebuild facility, possibly in France.

#300: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:17 pm
    ----
- Hanno_Spoelstra
"No.57, 5.59" - I think this is a rebuild plate. ALS would be the rebuild facility, possibly in France.

according to the French nomenclature :
ABS = atelier de construction de Bourges
ALN = atelier de construction de Lyon
ALS = atelier de construction de Limoges
AMX = atelier de construction d'Issy-les-Moulineaux
APX = atelier de construction de Puteaux
ARE = atelier de construction de Roanne
ARS = atelier de construction de Rennes
ATE = atelier de construction de Toulouse
ATS = atelier de construction de Tarbes

P-O

-> AFV News Discussion Board