The Netherlands AFV Registers
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22, 23, 24  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#46: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:44 pm
    ----
Be aware you may find Berna's trucks marked as Saurer:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berna
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saurer

Massimo

#47: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:50 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
Wait! It matches this Berna 4 UM in Schaffausen:
www.museumimzeughaus.c...amp;img=73
Massimo

It could be either a Saurer 4CM or a Berna 4UM. The only real way to tell the difference would be by examining the dataplate.

The Swiss nearly always sourced the same truck from two seperate manufacturers and Saurer & Berna have always produced trucks to a common specification.

#48: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:06 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss

On the radiator there are 2 letters: AS
These 2 letters appear also on various other parts of the truck

All I could find so far was on an plate inside the cabin
Besides an lot of numbers it also tells us
model type : S
manufacturer : Kelly
and the line "the heavy aviation truck US signal corps"

Michel

It is indeed a Kelly-Springfield Model S but its a version used by the US Air Force of the period - the letters AS = Air Service.

#49: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:32 am
    ----
Massimo and Jim,

thanks for ID on the truck's

make's it easier to sort them out Wink

Massimo, I also have some picture's of artillery pieces
I think they are also Swiss made / modified

Will make an post later today in de the artillery discussion board

Michel

#50: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:12 am
    ----
Massimo, I also have some picture's of artillery pieces
I think they are also Swiss made / modified

As for the trucks, my knowledge on swiss artillery isn't that great. The literature on the topic is limited, and mostly in german. But I've visited many museums and gathered some info and pictures along the time.

Massimo

#51: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:27 am
    ----
As for the trucks, my knowledge on swiss artillery isn't that great. The literature on the topic is limited, and mostly in german. But I've visited many museums and gathered some info and pictures along the time.

Massimo,

that is no problem, I was hoping that you might have an picture of it to recognize it

I will post some picture's this evening, I don not have the picture available at the moment

I'm suppost to be working Wink

Michel

#52: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:23 pm
    ----
Hi folks

an question, who know's something about an Dutch collection called "Militair Mobiel Depot 40-45" in Loosdrecht Confused Confused

Lesley, you came up with 2 vehicle's that are part of the collection
The first being an US M24 Chaffee and the second an Russian T34/85 tank

I have been doing some research and it appears that there is more

The vehicle's at the collection that I could find so far:
Based on info Lesley
- Russian T34/85 tank
- US M24 Chaffee "Skeeter"

Other vehicle's:
- US M3 Scout car "Deadly Di"
- US M3 half track or something similair, I could only find an picture of the front part so it could be anything based on the M3 halftrack
- GB Universal Bren carrier
- German SdKfz 251, actualy it is an OT-180 half-track so something for the "surviving" SdKfz & OT list
- GB Ferret Armoured Car
- ..more.. Confused

Except for these AFV's there are also several motorcyle's and cars

Who has more information about this collection??

Michel

#53: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:04 pm
    ----
Update for the Surviving Dingo & Lynx Scout Car-2009-12-19

This is not the same vehicle as the one in the file, that is from 2007
This picture is from 2005, however I also have picture's of this vehicle of 2007 and 2009 and it still looks the same

Update for the Surviving Humber & Fox Armoured Car-2009-12-19

This vehecle was standing at the centre court of some of the buildings
I have been there this year and the one with the "Prinses Beatrix" was on display
Did not check if this one was also still there

Michel

#54: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:52 am
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
Update for the Surviving Dingo & Lynx Scout Car-2009-12-19

This is not the same vehicle as the one in the file, that is from 2007
This picture is from 2005, however I also have picture's of this vehicle of 2007 and 2009 and it still looks the same

Indeed I think that the 1st one listed at Amersfoort is a Fort Lynx..

P-O

#55: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:04 pm
    ----
Hi folks,

it have been quite on this post for some time Wink

had some problems with the internet provider during the christmas - new year periode and at the same time had an little computer crash
Sort of "Murphy's law" Sad Sad

But everything is in working order (at the moment)

I found something of interest last week for the NLD AFV register

It is an site of 330 materieel logistiek peleton and they have an photo site of the Military Museum Depot at Maaldift, Wassenaar before the relocation to the new depot at Soesterberg
Main page: home.planet.nl/~hoog4201/
just the photo's: home.planet.nl/~hoog42...to%27s.htm

Lesley, could you check in your database of tanks what should have been there or perhaps have been moved there?
And perhaps give me some info about them, if you have any?

Especially the following vehicle's
- 17pdr SP Achilles tank destroyer
- 1 Centurion tank, good state, no marking except an Dutch flag on left front fender
- 1 Centurion tank, rusty and parts missing with marking A10 on left front fender
- an hull of an M4??E8 Sherman tank, in an very bad state (rusty, some roadwheels missing, etc)
Could this be the same one as the M4A4 hull at Kamp Crailo?

Michel

#56: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:03 pm
    ----
Quick question :

where would you like to publish the Netherlands AFVs register?

-I could put it on "the.shadock.free.fr" if you want

-Massimo may as well store it on "www.massimocorner.com"
(but I didn't ask him...)

-Neil could also store it.

P-O

#57: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:12 pm
    ----
Hi P-O

concerning the storing of the file, I think it would be best to store it at the same location as the others

Then all the files will be at the same location

I will ask Neil if he want's to store it

Will send you an copy this evening, to check
If I'm correct you wanted to review the styling Wink

Michel

#58: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:08 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
Hi P-O

concerning the storing of the file, I think it would be best to store it at the same location as the others

Then all the files will be at the same location

Actually, they are already not at the same location.
The USA, Belgium and Canada registers are stored by Neil.
France and Poland are stored on my website.

P-O

#59: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:44 pm
    ----
Actually, they are already not at the same location.
The USA, Belgium and Canada registers are stored by Neil.
France and Poland are stored on my website

ah, I think I will have to check youre website more often Mr. Green

If that's the situation I think it will be best to store it at your website
The USA are leaping behind an couple of hours (sorry Neil) Twisted Evil

Michel

#60: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:16 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss

ah, I think I will have to check youre website more often Mr. Green

If that's the situation I think it will be best to store it at your website
The USA are leaping behind an couple of hours (sorry Neil) Twisted Evil

Michel

you know, I'm a civil servant, so I have plenty of time for leisure.. Wink

P-O

-> AFV News Discussion Board