Help request: PzIV turret bracketry dimensions requested
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Help request: PzIV turret bracketry dimensions requested Author: Koluchiy PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:45 am
    ----
Hello.

I need dimencions of this Pz.IV detail:

(not all dimensions needed are shown)

It can be found in Aberdeen' Pz.IVD, Canada' Wirbelwind, Bovington' Pz.IVD, and many other not too late Pz.IV tanks.
(Munster is also welcome, but I do not sure that such detail is original there)

The dimensions are needed for producing the same new-made detail for the real tank (Kubinka' Pz.IV), so dimensions are to be precise (+/- 1mm, +/- 0.05").

Can anybody help?
Please write here or in PM.

Thank you in advance.

#2: Re: Help/Dimencions needed Author: Koluchiy PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:47 pm
    ----
Sorry for disturbing you, but the dimensions are still required.

Crying or Very sad

#3: Re: Help/Dimencions needed Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:58 pm
    ----
Hello Koluchiy....

Well, it's only been a week since your initial request and our members don't always get to those sites on a weekly basis. I imagine once the opportunity arises, someone will have access to one of those vehicles and try to help you out. Meanwhile, I'll edit the thread title to call attention to your request with some focus.

Your patience will probably obtain better results. Wink

#4: Re: Help request: PzIV turret bracketry dimensions requested Author: Koluchiy PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:39 pm
    ----
Anybody help... Crying or Very sad

#5: Re: Help request: PzIV turret bracketry dimensions requested Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:38 pm
    ----
- Koluchiy

I think the 'Aberdeen Pz IV' is now down at Ft Lee awaiting the building of the New Ordnance Museum. I think it went down in the convoy in August. I'll confirm the next time I'm up at Aberdeen but that may not be till after the holidays.

Since this is to restore another museum's Pz IV you might try sending a letter asking for the information to the Staff of the Ordnance Museum. They travel down to Ft Lee occasionally as part of the preperation for the move and on a 'museum to museum' basis may be able to provide the information

#6: Re: Help request: PzIV turret bracketry dimensions requested Author: Koluchiy PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:55 pm
    ----
Not olny Aberdeen' Pz.IV have this detail.

Bovington
Duxford
Brussel
Worthington Park Museum (Canada, Wirbelwind)
Koblenz (off-site storage Sad )
Falaise
Burgos (Spain)
Belgrade

Maybe some else.

#7: Re: Help request: PzIV turret bracketry dimensions requested Author: Koluchiy PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:59 pm
    ----

The tank will be painted soon. So the time to make this detail is almost over.

#8: Re: Help request: PzIV turret bracketry dimensions requested Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:56 pm
    ----
Koluchiy,

sorry but I can't help with your request.

Kubinka's Panzer IV was repainted several times, AFAIK. Why do you repaint it one more time? Did the tank get further restoration works?

best,

Pierre-Olivier

#9: Re: Help request: PzIV turret bracketry dimensions requested Author: Koluchiy PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:27 pm
    ----
The tank was on cinema' shootings recently Evil or Very Mad .

It was repainted there 2 times more, with poor quality of paint, and also received some internal and external damages.

We are repairing these damages (which we are able to repair), also we are making some new-made details for tank' exterior and interior.

Now this work goes to it's end (we have an order to return the tank to the museum' exposition).
Now the tank is been cleaned from the old layers of paint (by Taranov and his co-workers), then it will be painted.

P.S. During the cleaning, chassis, hull and turret numbers were found. No one of them matches the number 83122 that can be read from your Pz.IV' pdf file.

Last edited by Koluchiy on Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total

#10: Re: Help request: PzIV turret bracketry dimensions requested Author: Maple_Leaf_Eh PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:54 am
    ----
Sorry we couldn't be more helpful sooner. As you might realize, the average participant here doesn't have a tank park in their backyard, never mind in the same city.

For example, I'd have helped with the Worthington Tank Park question, but I live in Ottawa, Ontario and the museum is in Barrie, Ontario. It is at least a 7hr drive. Without a few reasons to travel, I won't make the effort.

#11: Re: Help request: PzIV turret bracketry dimensions requested Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:11 am
    ----
I truely wish we could help you but it seems that none of us will be around any soon enough to get that information Sad

The sad part is some one will eventually but will be too late for your needs.

#12: Re: Help request: PzIV turret bracketry dimensions requested Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:50 pm
    ----
Hello Koluchiy

If you can wait until next week, I will be at the Kapellen depot and could take a look at the PzIV ( if it has that bracket)

Michel

#13: Re: Help request: PzIV turret bracketry dimensions requested Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:13 pm
    ----
I will be at the Kapellen depot and could take a look at the PzIV ( if it has that bracket)

That's a late model, te bracket wasn't there when the tank was in Brussels Crying or Very sad

Massimo

#14: Re: Help request: PzIV turret bracketry dimensions requested Author: Koluchiy PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:17 pm
    ----
Tichenor

Please read PM.

Massimo_Foti

I am sorry but I have photos of Pz.IV from Brussel where th? tank have the bracket that I need.
These photos were made about 6 years ago.

#15: Re: Help request: PzIV turret bracketry dimensions requested Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:28 pm
    ----
I am sorry but I have photos of Pz.IV from Brussel where the tank have the bracket that I need.
These photos were made about 6 years ago.

No need to feel sorry. I would be more than glad to know you can find what you are looking for!

I just checked more pictures, I've found more shots downloaded from "tanxheaven" (that website isn't online anymore). They date back to 2005 (taken by Stephen Drew?). I can now confirm the bracket was indeed there! I am glad to say I was wrong! Laughing

Hope Tichenor will be able to help you. Please keep us updated.

Massimo

-> AFV News Discussion Board