T-72 Iraqi tank New at Ft Bliss Nu 12
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: T-72 Iraqi tank New at Ft Bliss Nu 12 Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:12 am
    ----
Hi Folks!

I am calling this one a T-72 because I am not sure just which T-?? it is.
This tank has writing that looks something like "KOCCA" on the front and the rear. Looks a lot like a black magic marker rather than paint.
This guy has a lot of stampings on the front glacia. In the center is something that look a bit like "607BT9143" That figure I am calling a 6 looks like a capital B without the closing loop on the top half. Or that 6 looks like it as a square top, square left edge and a square bottom.
[img][/img]
[img][/img]

That blue truck is the carrier that had just unloaded the M10 TD.

[img][/img]

That is all of the new vehicles as of last Thursday. The museum staff member told me three more vehicles are coming as a part of this shipment batch. One is a M4A3 76mm HVSS. She didn't know how many more batchs will be coming or if any of them will have more vehicles.

Spot Report!
Sgt, Scouts out!

#2: Re: T-72 Iraqi tank New at Ft Bliss Nu 12 Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:25 am
    ----
Soviet built T-72. In ''our'' alphabeth is translates as B01VT9143. B = 1978, 01 = january. A rather old one. The other letter/cipher combination I still like to know.....The black magic marker looks like some sort of rn, (1...8??).

Thanks!!

Regards,
Lesley

Last edited by L.Delsing on Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

#3: Re: T-72 Iraqi tank New at Ft Bliss Nu 12 Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:57 pm
    ----
Its a T-72A.

#4: Re: T-72 Iraqi tank New at Ft Bliss Nu 12 Author: Przezdzieblo PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:18 pm
    ----
Jim, no. It is T-72. One of two first export specifications (Object 172M-E or -E2), with optical rangefinder and steel-only turret.

-> AFV News Discussion Board