Update:Richardson MP
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Update:Richardson MP Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:41 pm
    ----
Yesterday we completed a movement of several vehicles back indoors for focused preservation work.

The Panzer Mk IV is now in one of the bays, so that it can be worked on during the winter months.

Additionally the completely disassembled RSO has now been put in a work bay, so that it can be reassembled.

Good news for those two vehicles. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get any photos.

Just thought some might be interested.

Regards
Don

#2: Re: Update:Richardson MP Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:20 pm
    ----
Don,

you did well.
I'm always glad to get some news from the Patton museum.

best,

Pierre-Olivier

#3: Re: Update:Richardson MP Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:36 pm
    ----
Is this BTR-60PB still in Patton Museum?

www.warwheels.net/BTR60Index.html

#4: Re: Update:Richardson MP Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:50 pm
    ----
That vehicle is a Romanian TAB 72,....

Yes it is in Richardson MP currently

Regards
Don

#5: Re: Update:Richardson MP Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:17 am
    ----
That vehicle is a Romanian TAB 72,....

Exist TAB-72 it shouldn't be TAB-71?

The Romanian-made TAB-71 in service with the Yugoslav Peoples Army.

* TAB-71 (TAB stands for transportorul amfibiu blindat - "amphibious armored carrier") - Romanian license -produced variant of BTR-60PB fitted with two more powerful SR-225 gasoline engines developing 140 hp (104 kW) each instead of the old GAZ-40Ps. It is equipped with additional periscopes, a protected sight on the left side of the turret and a front-mounted winch with a capacity of 5.5 tonnes.[8][10][27]
o TAB-71M - Modernized TAB-71 fitted with two Saviem 797-05 diesel engines developing 130 hp (97 kW) each from the TAB-77 APC in a larger engine compartment and "suicide hatches" between the 2nd and 3rd wheels. It also has horizontal engine decks and exhausts.[10][27] It is also known as TAB-72.[4]
o TAB-71A R-1450 - Command version of the TAB-71 with additional whip antennas.
o TAB-71A R-1451 - Signals vehicle with unarmed turret which has a small crane mounted on the front used to remove the heavy batteries. It also has a 1 kW generator on the hull roof. Radio equipment consists of the R-1451 and the R-401M.
o TAB-71A R-1452 - Externally identical to the former but with R-1452 set.
o TAB-71AR (AR stands for arunc?tor de bombe) - Self-propelled mortar platform armed with M-37M 82 mm mortar (100 rounds). The Soviet mortar might be replaced with a more modern Romanian design like the Model 77. The turret has been removed and the vehicle has a flat roof on the personnel compartment with circular two-piece hatch opening to sides. There's a mount for a machine gun on the rear of the mortar position.[10][27]
o TERA-71L (tractor de evacuare ?i reparat auto) - ARV equipped with a crane and a dozer blade.

#6: Re: Update:Richardson MP Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:30 pm
    ----
BTW....

Thanks to some photos from Garry Redmon, here is a composite of some of the vehicle movements.

Regards
Don

#7: Re: Update:Richardson MP Author: Mircea87Location: Constanta, Romania PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:52 pm
    ----
Sorry to bring up such an old thread, but I have some questions. This is a TAB-71, not a TAB-72. The exhausts are not horizontal, so it's a petrol version. The TAB-72 (actually designated TAB-71M in Romania) had bigger diesel engines (higher engine deck) and horizontal exhausts, plus suicidal hatches. I'm guessing that the "hamster wheel" on the side of the turret is the source of this confusion. I've seen it retrofitted to TAB-71 models as well. Was this vehicle a donation ? If so, from which country? Also, do you know of other Romanian APCs in museums around the world ? I knew Israel bought a TABC-79 in the 1990s. Is it on display?

-> AFV News Discussion Board