M41 Walker Bulldogs New at Ft Bliss Nu 14
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: M41 Walker Bulldogs New at Ft Bliss Nu 14 Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:03 pm
    ----
Hi Folks!

I did a fast stop at the museum on Sunday AM while on the way to the model club display show.
This is the newest tank to arrive. Looks like the SN is 1185.
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
Spot Report!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

Last edited by Roy_A_Lingle on Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: M41 Walker Bulldog (2nd one) New at Ft Bliss Nu 14 Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:06 pm
    ----
Roy

What is that plate at the rear with all the numbers on??
The top line will be some serial number I think, what about the others
35-39-41-48-49-etc

Michel

#3: Re: M41 Walker Bulldog (2nd one) New at Ft Bliss Nu 14 Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:57 am
    ----
Hi Michel! Hi Folks!

- Michel_Krauss

What is that plate at the rear with all the numbers on??
The top line will be some serial number I think, what about the others
35-39-41-48-49-etc
Michel

I agree that the top number is (maybe) the serial number. That plate is also on the other M41 and on every M42 Duster here at Ft. Bliss. During passed discussions on this board, someone posted that the other numbers (i.e. the 35-39-41-48-49 numbers) is a record of the types of MWOs that have been applied to the vehicle.

Spot Report!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#4: Re: M41 Walker Bulldog (2nd one) New at Ft Bliss Nu 14 Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:29 am
    ----
Hi Folks!

Two follow up photos of something odd about this vehcile.
Notice in this front view of the hull, this vehicle has IR driving lights.
[img][/img]
This is a photo of the driver's hatch. Note that there is no opening for the IR driving scope. This is a first generation hatch on a second gereration head light system.
[img][/img]

I find this mix interesting.
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#5: Re: M41 Walker Bulldog (2nd one) New at Ft Bliss Nu 14 Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:31 am
    ----
Hi Folks!

This is the first M41 to arrive. I have learned from a museum staff member that it came from a private museum in West Virginia. The SN is 2642.
[img][/img]

This driver's hatch has the mount/turn table for the IR driving scope.
[img][/img]
Spot Report!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#6: Re: M41 Walker Bulldogs New at Ft Bliss Nu 14 Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:26 pm
    ----
Hmm... The WV ARNG has a bunch of M41s on display (and a couple more are on display at a park and courthouse), but I wasnt aware of a privately owned one there...

One of the WV ARNG M41s (at their HQ in Charleston) is SN 2652, which is very close to your SN - so I suspect this is an ex-WV ARNG M41 at the least (whether it was last owned privately or not).

Neil

-> AFV News Discussion Board