Desktop Icons Gone.
-> Software

#1: Desktop Icons Gone. Author: Shadow_HomfixrLocation: Fort Walton Beach, FL-USA PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:41 pm
    ----
Got a message to restart computer for AVG update to take affect and when I did all my desktop icons are gone. Tried a system restore and got an error message that failed. Said I needed to run chechdisk which I can't find on Windows 7 Ultimate. Couldn't find anything on AVG site about this problem cuz it has probably has only happened to me Confused . I imagine I could go back add all the icons manually but I want to know why they are gone to begin with.

#2: Re: Desktop Icons Gone. Author: Shadow_HomfixrLocation: Fort Walton Beach, FL-USA PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:35 pm
    ----
Ok I found the problem. I guess somewhere between the update and restarting the checked box for "show desktop icons" got unticked.

In Windows 7 right click on desktop and go to view, then tick "show desktop icons"

Sometimes things are just too simple...lol.

#3: Re: Desktop Icons Gone. Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:59 pm
    ----
<--- Simpliest Wink

#4: Re: Desktop Icons Gone. Author: Shadow_HomfixrLocation: Fort Walton Beach, FL-USA PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:18 am
    ----
LOL Shades

-> Software