Trieste. Panzerdraisine
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Trieste. Panzerdraisine Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:25 pm
    ----
This one belongs to Museo de Henriquez, but it's on loan to Museo Ferroviario Campo Marzio, a small museum runs by volunteers.

There s a s/n written on two lines, on an hatch, on the side where the engine s located:
408170-1N3A-26

Massimo

#2: Re: Trieste. Panzerdraisine Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:42 pm
    ----
I that a Steyr K2670?

Didn't the Museo also have one with a 20mm cannon mount back in the 70s?

#3: Re: Trieste. Panzerdraisine Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:31 pm
    ----
I that a Steyr K2670?

It should be. I wonder how many survivors are still around.

Back in the 70s Diego de Henriquez was alive, so it was a private collection, not a museum. The collection was acquired by the city of Trieste around late 80s or early 90s. I don't remember seeing any picture of a draisine with 20mm. Maybe you are confusing it with the italian "Libli" (Littorina Blindata), there are two of them, pretty much two wrecks, in de Henriquez Museum.

Massimo

#4: Re: Trieste. Panzerdraisine Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:16 am
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
I that a Steyr K2670?

It should be. I wonder how many survivors are still around.

Back in the 70s Diego de Henriquez was alive, so it was a private collection, not a museum. The collection was acquired by the city of Trieste around late 80s or early 90s. I don't remember seeing any picture of a draisine with 20mm. Maybe you are confusing it with the italian "Libli" (Littorina Blindata), there are two of them, pretty much two wrecks, in de Henriquez Museum.

Massimo

I guess these are the two in question:

#5: Re: Trieste. Panzerdraisine Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:22 am
    ----
Yes, those are the two I was talking about. Unique pieces as far as I know.

During my staying in Trieste I visited Museo de Henriquez too, I took plenty of pictures, including those Libli. I will post some samples soon, I still have to reorganize the material and get final approval from the curator about the proper way to watermark the pictures.

The Panzerdraisine is just an appetizer Cool

Massimo

#6: Re: Trieste. Panzerdraisine Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:09 pm
    ----
Could you post photos of them:
digilander.libero.it/p...bli_ts.htm

What are they - name?

#7: Re: Trieste. Panzerdraisine Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:17 pm
    ----
Those are two Littorina Blindata, aka "Libli".
As far as I know they are the only survivors worldwide. They are both under cover in Museo de Henriquez in Trieste, but their location makes tricky to take pictures. They aren't in great shape, I think they qualify as wrecks.

I will post pictures soon. I personally love armoured trains, but dedicated literatures and documentation is scarce Sad

Massimo

#8: Re: Trieste. Panzerdraisine Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:40 pm
    ----
I've added more pictures of the Draisine on Flickr:
www.flickr.com/photos/...321822524/

Massimo

-> AFV News Discussion Board