HUD View question....
-> FS2004

#1: HUD View question.... Author: Kafco PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:39 pm
    ----
~S~

Can one rearrange/add gauges to the FS2004 HUD view?

It can be done in CFS-2 easily, and in CFS-3 to my recollection, but I cant find the secret in FS2004.

I want to arrange the instruments into the classic T and add a rotor torque gauge.

I have added a helicopter HUD from another sim site but it's military look just doesn't fit the genre.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Kafco

#2: Re: HUD View question.... Author: Kafco PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:55 pm
    ----
S All,

Ok....I found the answer....by not giving up.

To add, change or rearrange gauges on your default FS9 HUD view:
using the CFGedit program just make the changes in the panel.cfg file
of Mini Panel(one of the WindowsXX= in the list).

Regards,
Ken

#3: Re: HUD View question.... Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:28 pm
    ----
thanks for the info Kafco, I will check that out.

#4: Re: HUD View question.... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:29 pm
    ----
Hmm...now that you mention that Kafco, I think I remember that...lol It's been quite a while since I've 'messed' with gauge files and the manipulation that goes with that sort of thing. As a matter of fact, I think it was around the CFS2/Fuel dump time...:D

Glad you got it sorted..and thanks for the info..:chug:

#5: Re: HUD View question.... Author: Kafco PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:51 am
    ----
~S~ All,

Here is my example for a civil helicopter HUD. It isn't a correct "basic T" but purpose arranged and suits my needs. Added torque and gas prod gauges and then sized the gauge faces. Sure gives me a good view.

Regards,
Ken

-> FS2004