German Black Out Lights (When Fitted)?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: German Black Out Lights (When Fitted)? Author: Blackjack PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:46 am
    ----
I have a question regarding when the Germans would have fitted black out lights on their vehicles. The scene I have in mind for a project is between October 1939 and April 1940, occupied Poland, notably when German occupation forces were at full strength to say the least. Would the black out lights be fitted then? (By this I mean the blank inserts that would go over a headlight with only a minimal slit cut out for just enough light for the driver to see). Would the notek gear have been fitted as well? THe reason I question this is because there was no aerial threat, and the occupier wouldn't have been concerned about not being seen. Any thoughts or insights on the matter would be appreciated from those in the know. Regards, MK

#2: Re: German Black Out Lights (When Fitted)? Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:55 pm
    ----
not sure on the front lights but I I believe the rear notek light was a standard fitting and that there was just a hinged cover to flip for night driving Please see this web page

www.kettenkrad.de/notekhi_e.htm

here is a picture of a notek front light and it was often fitted in addition to the standard headlights HTH

-> AFV News Discussion Board