WWII Victory Museum photos
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: WWII Victory Museum photos Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:50 am
    ----
Dan, I use a tripod every chance I can. That way I can use a lower ISO and get clear shots with slower shutter speeds. All the photos were taken in the available light inside the museum.

I use a do-dad called an EXPODISC to set a custom white balance for the lighting conditions under which I will be shooting.

I'm also using a Canon 50D with good glass on it, so I better be getting clarity!!

I had to learn the hard way with photography! LOL!!

If you are shooting in museums using a handheld point&shoot camera, then it is going really tricky to get satisfactory photos. Although a diffused flash helps in a pinch.

#17: Re: WWII Victory Museum photos Author: panamadan PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:35 am
    ----
I do the point and shoot thing-I'm impressed with your work!
It's really a fun museum to see isn't it?
Dan

#18: Re: WWII Victory Museum photos Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:01 am
    ----
I was up in the area this weekend but I went downtown Indianapolis to the Monument and the War Memorial. The Monument has Civil War items and the War Memorial has many items from all wars. Both Museums are very well done and worth the trip if you are in the area.....

#19: Re: WWII Victory Museum photos Author: Koluchiy PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:47 pm
    ----
No one russian vehicle? Razz

#20: Re: WWII Victory Museum photos Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:57 am
    ----
- vagabond
Dan, I use a tripod every chance I can. That way I can use a lower ISO and get clear shots with slower shutter speeds. All the photos were taken in the available light inside the museum.

I use a do-dad called an EXPODISC to set a custom white balance for the lighting conditions under which I will be shooting.

I'm also using a Canon 50D with good glass on it, so I better be getting clarity!!

Do you use a remote or the timer on the camera in combination with the tripod? I have a tripod and I'am thinking of buying a wireless remote for the camera.

Regards,
Lesley

#21: Re: WWII Victory Museum photos Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:04 am
    ----
Some museums ban the use of tripods - so get yourself a monopod as well. Its enough to buy you some time while they figure out if your breaking the 'No Tripods' rule

Cool

#22: Re: WWII Victory Museum photos Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:24 am
    ----
Lesley,

I do use the 2 sec timer setting on my Canon. I also have the wired remote but don't use it that often because the timer is just simpler.

Also my main 'museum' lens is image stabilized and I do leave the IS on when using the tripod.

Cheers!

#23: Re: WWII Victory Museum photos Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:32 pm
    ----
Vagabond

May I use your pictures at the AFVRegister, as always credits to the source will be added.

Michel

#24: Re: WWII Victory Museum photos Author: PanzerwerkLocation: Palmdale CA PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:37 pm
    ----
Aren't they all converted OT-810?

All their German Halftracks are original , the 250 nue was partially rebuilt as it was blown up at some point during the war , they have 3 really nice SWS's as well .

#25: Re: WWII Victory Museum photos Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:24 pm
    ----
Hi Michel,

Yes, you can use my photos. It would be an honor to be part of the AFVRegister!

Cheers!

#26: Re: WWII Victory Museum photos Author: zundappukLocation: Behind the Westwall, really! PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:50 pm
    ----
Aren't they all converted OT-810?

All their German Halftracks are original , the 250 nue was partially rebuilt as it was blown up at some point during the war , they have 3 really nice SWS's as well .[/quote]

I would be very wary about that, I have heard that all the 250's were cut down SdKfz 10, which from the interior pictures I have seen would seem true!
Also the armoured Maultier is a truck chassis slapped on to a Bren carrier!
A number of the other german vehicles are either fantasies or have real chassis's but replica bodies made from studying pictures!

Best

David

#27: Re: WWII Victory Museum photos Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:07 pm
    ----
- zundappuk

well, that's a very original way to build Half-Tracks. I will keep that in mind if a civil war ever happens in France..

P-O

Last edited by the_shadock on Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

#28: Re: WWII Victory Museum photos Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:14 pm
    ----
vagabond
I bought a do-dad its in the mail..................

#29: Re: WWII Victory Museum photos Author: PanzerwerkLocation: Palmdale CA PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:49 am
    ----
I would be very wary about that, I have heard that all the 250's were cut down SdKfz 10, which from the interior pictures I have seen would seem true!
A number of the other german vehicles are either fantasies or have real chassis's but replica bodies made from studying pictures!

Best

David

Dont know where you got this info , My buddy lives about an hour away and got to crawl all over these for years before they started telling folks to stay off and will now charge you $100 to go over the ropes supervised, Also the Germans used the Bren suspension for many Halftracks , it was quite common , they captured large numbers of them early in the war , even made Panzerfaust tank hunters out of them.

#30: Re: WWII Victory Museum photos Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:49 am
    ----
- Panzerwerk

Dont know where you got this info , My buddy lives about an hour away and got to crawl all over these for years before they started telling folks to stay off and will now charge you $100 to go over the ropes supervised, Also the Germans used the Bren suspension for many Halftracks , it was quite common , they captured large numbers of them early in the war , even made Panzerfaust tank hunters out of them.

Sorry but I had the opportunity to examine these vehicles while they were in the Victory museum in Belgium and many of these vehicles are just sheet metal replica's or cobbled together from bits. While some of the vehicles are original many of the german vehicles, particularly the softskins are just a collection of bondo and fiberglass. They have a nice coat of paint and thats it.

There are plenty of images around of the interiors for anyone to check.

-> AFV News Discussion Board