Sorry, but dumb question
-> Officer's Club

#1: Sorry, but dumb question Author: DraftyLocation: Penticton, BC PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:51 am
    ----
Hey,

I have a really dumb question that I know all of you are going to laugh at me about, but how do I post images? I see the "[img]" boxes. but frankly I suck with computers and that programming aspect..

I have some REAL cool REAL Martin Mars (the 2 that are left in service) that were flying over my house for weeks on end when there was huge forest fires in my area back in 2003.. (Just found them the other day, lol, forgot all about em')

Thanks..

#2: Re: Sorry, but dumb question Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:01 am
    ----
An image needs to be on a net server somewhere so you can link an address or URL to it. So, to post up a pic, here would be an example..

[img] www.pic on the net address.com [/img]

Notice the spacing after the ] and [ in the address? Those have to be close together so that the web address is next to the brackets. A way to see this is to right click on any pic here on CC and choose properties. You should see the complete web address of the pic.

So, to put in the [img] tag (those are called tags),click on the Img button, put in the web address of the pic and click the Img tag again to close it. The forward '/' is a close tag or in this case [/img].

Hope this helps you out...:D

#3: Re: Sorry, but dumb question Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:36 am
    ----
Not dumb at all.... we'l go to any length to see more cool pix of aeroplanes!

On top of the outstanding lessons Bushy gives above, you may have some trouble getting the pix "on the web" itself in order to reference their location (URL).....if so, check out this website:

www.photobucket.com

It's totally free no-strings-attached picture storage on the web, after you creat an account, it's very easy to upload a picture...and the benefit is, once it is uploaded, it will give you the actual correct {img} tags to use, just copy and then paste the whole {img} tag into your post....voila!

More dumb questions, please...they're the few ones we can answer!

#4: Re: Sorry, but dumb question Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:25 pm
    ----
Oh and on the subject - because it's a favorite of mine - I forgot to add:

1) Photobucket, tho free, has a limit to storage for each account. Only a few MB is available, and it doesn't like HUUGE pictures either. But did I mention it's free? And easy?

2) Big pictures are sometimes problematic to post anyway - most people HATE to have to scroll side-to-side to read the text that runs across the top or bottom of a big pic...or stretches out the text in posts in the same thread. So, try to stick with no larger than 800W x 600H pics, or thereabouts.

A GREAT (and yes, FREE) tool for re-sizing and cropping pictures can be found here:

www.irfanview.com

Small, stable, totally slick and easy to use, it does a fantastic job of re-sizing a photo or picture without loosing image quality.....there's a noticeable difference in the result.

Have fun!

#5: Re: Sorry, but dumb question Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:25 pm
    ----
Thanks Stoopy, those are great suggestions...:wink:

#6: Re: Sorry, but dumb question Author: DraftyLocation: Penticton, BC PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:05 pm
    ----
LOL, thanks guys!! Really appreciate it! I'll have those pics up in no time! Mr. Green

-> Officer's Club