The Man!
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: The Man! Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:14 pm
    ----
BIGGER PHOTO HERE
1942, Desert Training Center, California. aka California-Arizona Maneuver Area

#2: Re: The Man! Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:38 pm
    ----
nice picture....however an question

was it normal to carry an 2 star generals flag on an tank Confused Confused

I always thought these where only used for staff cars

Or was this just for show Cool

#3: Re: The Man! Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:41 pm
    ----
I think Patton had his own rules Smile

Is this an M2 or M3????

#4: Re: The Man! Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:50 pm
    ----
this is an M2 Light Tank

thanks to wikipedia Wink

commons.wikimedia.org/...ngland.gif

#5: Re: The Man! Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:21 pm
    ----
I believe it is an early M-3 light tank. It still has the sponsen mounted MG, the 37mm is a later model than your picture of the M-2, Turret has different pistol port arrangement, idler wheel is the large 'trailing link' style used in the M3 & M5.

#6: Re: The Man! Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:08 pm
    ----
- MarkHolloway
I think Patton had his own rules Smile

More like nobody dare say anything to him..

#7: Re: The Man! Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:42 pm
    ----
Definitely an M3 and yes ... Patton made up the rules as he went along. Mr. Green

#8: Re: The Man! Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:16 pm
    ----
It's funny the caption with the photo reads, "Patton driving a tank on the desert"!

#9: Re: The Man! Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:35 pm
    ----
- MarkHolloway
It's funny the caption with the photo reads, "Patton driving a tank on the desert"!

I'd say that's a good description. Smile

#10: Re: The Man! Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:09 am
    ----
I'd did some looking around and it appears to be an M3A1. The main gun is definately not what was on the M2 series.

-> AFV News Discussion Board