Marysville, KS
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Marysville, KS Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:45 pm
    ----
Some vehicles I am looking for for the USA AFV Register. Pics needed & additional info welcome:

Local park
M7 Priest USA out RN 2C1708

Kansas Army National Guard Armory, 206 N 19th St (N39 50.624 W96 38.106)
M110A2 USA out

Thanks!

Neil

Last edited by Neil_Baumgardner on Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Help/Pics Needed - Marysville, KS Author: Kurt_Laughlin PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:50 pm
    ----
My guess is that "2C1706" is the S/N of the differential housing casting.

KL

#3: Re: Help/Pics Needed - Marysville, KS Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:43 pm
    ----
Good point, they didnt have number/letter/number RNs like that until the 1950s or 1960s... Unless this unit decided to paint a bogus RN on it.

Neil

#4: Re: Help/Pics Needed - Marysville, KS Author: Alf_AdamsLocation: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:48 pm
    ----
Hi again Neil, I can help with this one. I just put an album up on my photobucket account with pictures of the 2 vehicles in Marysville Kansas. I also put up an album of pictures I took at Fort Riley in 2006, the same trip on which I stopped in Marysville. The M7 in Marysville is a nice early one with serial number 246 visible on the tow lug. Hope this is of help and interest.

Alf

#5: Re: Help/Pics Needed - Marysville, KS Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:37 pm
    ----
Alf,
Can you give the address for your photobucket album?

Thanks!

Neil

#6: Re: Help/Pics Needed - Marysville, KS Author: binder001 PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:06 am
    ----
Neil, see;
picasaweb.google.com/g...eNebraska#

for about any angle you want of the Marysville M7.

I don't have the M110A2 on public albums but I can verify its presence on the south side of the armory.

There is also an M7 at Seneca, but I don't have any photos on my public albums yet. I am overdue for a re-visit to this one.

Gary B.

#7: Re: Help/Pics Needed - Marysville, KS Author: Alf_AdamsLocation: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:39 am
    ----
Here is the Photobucket address for my albums. Alternately, you can get there by just searching for my name. I have traveled extensively in the U.S. Canada, Europe and Australia, and have always taken photos of any armor that I have seen, so I will continue to put more old and not so old photos up as time permits. I will put a priority on any that I have that I see you request here on the board.

http:

Alf

#8: Re: Help/Pics Needed - Marysville, KS Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:34 am
    ----
Thanks Alf, you also helped me with a bunch of Idaho, Minnesota, and North Dakota vehicles I was looking for or could use better pics of.

Neil

#9: Re: Help/Pics Needed - Marysville, KS Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:47 am
    ----
Thanks Gary, some great walk-arounds!

Neil

-> AFV News Discussion Board