T92 and dragon wagon
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: T92 and dragon wagon Author: ossie PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:25 pm
    ----
Hi all

has anybody yet to photograph either T92 ie close up of the rear of the hull .
the one behing the fence at aberdeen or the one at Tacom.
has any one also know any thing about a uprated trailer for the Dragon wagon which has 6 axles.
any help be appriated
Ossie

#2: Re: T92 and dragon wagon Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:36 pm
    ----
T92 SP Howitzer?

#3: Re: T92 and dragon wagon Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:29 pm
    ----
Here's the APG T92, "King Kong," from a few months ago. Unfortunately I dont think this has the closeups you wanted.

com-central.net/index....ic&t=11410

Neil

#4: Re: T92 and dragon wagon Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:50 pm
    ----
Ossie,

I found an few picture's of the trailer with the SPH, all the picture's are from Life magazine

For the trailer it is not 6 axle, it is more 2x6 axle trailer
It has 6 axle's on each site of the trailer bed

Link below show's the T92 SPH on the 6 axle trailer, the truck is the Pacific Car M26
www.life.com/image/50518738

This link show's it with some other vehicle's
www.life.com/image/50518748

I can not find the right description for the trailer Sad

Michel

#5: Re: T92 and dragon wagon Author: ossie PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:00 am
    ----
hi thanks all
yes i affraid the rear picture is not there . it is teh one picture stopping me from building the vehicle KING KONG is the same vehicle

thank you regarding the trailer i have those but wondered if there is any more.
thank you all but been trying to build this just before 9/11 and just can not any pictures of either one which help wityh the won part which is so difficult to judge.
thanks ossie

#6: Re: T92 and dragon wagon Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:56 am
    ----
Ossie,

I found the trailer

In january 1945 there was an US program for development of an new tank transporter for the US army
Is was called "Sterling T26 8 x 8 12-ton heavy truck" and along with this new tractor came an new semi trailer called the T58 semi trailer
This was an 6 axle (2x3 axle's) trailer

However there was also an 100ton version of this trailer called the T67 semi trailer, that had 12 axle's (2x6)
This is the one where you are looking for.

One picture can be found here:
web.me.com/tony.gibbs2...ges.html#6
It is possible to dowmload the page, to get an better view

It comes from an book about the T26 truck program
web.me.com/tony.gibbs2.../Home.html

Michel

#7: Re: T92 and dragon wagon Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:07 am
    ----
Look at these: images.google.com/imag...rce%3Alife

#8: Re: T92 and dragon wagon Author: ossie PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:37 am
    ----
hi all

thank you teh trailer is the one i wante dand all i need to do is find a picture of it NOT loaded then i will build one .
the Life pictures i have of the T92 so thank you . but now i need actual picture sof teh real thing . thank you Ossie

-> AFV News Discussion Board