Who wants one?
-> FS2004

#1: Who wants one? Author: XcalibeR PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:11 pm
    ----
I do!!!

#2: Re: Who wants one? Author: DraftyLocation: Penticton, BC PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:38 pm
    ----
NICE!!!!!

Is that a cock-pit for a 777-300? or am I mistaken...

Anyway, VERY COOL!!!

do the buttons and switches work?

#3: Re: Who wants one? Author: RAF92_MustangLocation: Just another walk in the clouds. PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:37 am
    ----
WOW! yeh, I sure want one of those! *looks like you will have plenty of in-flight reading also!*

#4: Re: Who wants one? Author: Kafco PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:11 am
    ----
~S~

Now that cockpit is a work of art. Talk about dedication !

My homebrew cockpit is much simpler. It does convert from stick to yoke quickly. The two knobs atop the desk portion in front of the panel mounts the yoke. The stick mounts into a socket on the floor. Stick and yoke are both USB it's a one minute change over. Made from surplus parts.

Regards,
Ken

#5: Re: Who wants one? Author: RCAF_MadDog PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:13 am
    ----
~S~

Very cool guys........ And Ken I dont have the smarts to build something like that lol

You should market that.

#6: Re: Who wants one? Author: JG300-HolmesLocation: Straight Outta Jersey PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:28 am
    ----
- Kafco
The stick mounts into a socket on the floor.

Hey Ken,

Great looking pit, but I was wondering, do you have any shots of the connection to the floor? Cause in about a year, i'm gonna try to build my own pit and i was trying to come up with a way to have a removable center mounted stick also. Like is it an extended stick with the pots where it connects at the bottom? You've gotten me curious.

~S~

#7: Re: Who wants one? Author: Kafco PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:41 am
    ----
~S~ Holmes,

The stick is extended but only 8in with a 1/2in alum tube. That gives it full side-to-side throw like real life. The mount is common plumbing PVC (2) 3in commode flanges and a piece of 3in sch.40 tube. It is not glued so it's easily removed for storage under the seat. The stick is stuck (pun intended) with velcro to the top flange.

Cockpit body is made from Home Depot (1 pc)Melamine laminated 5/8in particle board (ar)piece 1/2in ply (2)8inX3ft shelves and an office chair from Office Depot($35).

Panel is really a bunch of switches wired into the PC board robbed from a $10 ordinary computer keyboard.

Controls are: CH Prod yoke ,rudder pedals, pro throttle and combat stick.

There is nothing complicated about anything in it.

Regards,
Ken

#8: Re: Who wants one? Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:38 pm
    ----
Very cool....one of these years I am going to use my 20 years of Electrical/Robotics Engineering experience to build me one of these babies...hope my wife likes the stewardess unifirm I have picked out for her Mr. Green

-> FS2004