The State of IL2
-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters

#1: The State of IL2 Author: EURO_Rigel PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:21 pm
    ----
Gentlemen, and ladies
here is an update on whats happening with the IL2 community.
Currently the game is at the offical 4.09 patch. That being said, there are currently 2 camps putting out MODS. First the old stand by AAA site, which is currently at 1.2 Mod pack.This is an upgrade from all previous releases. This is not you dads IL2 anymore. Numerous new sounds, aircraft and eye candy abound. The sim is so different, that you would even realize it is the same game.

The second camp, is the ultra pack 2.0. this is very unique as is has a seperate mod system built in called HSFX or the historial mod pack. This also gives you new maps, aircraft and sounds. built more for online play. Another innovation is the inclusion of AI and movable objects in a DOGFIGHT room. What this does is let you fly campaigns with the ability to refuel and rearm. This is a revolutionary breakthrough for the IL2 community in general, and adds a whole new twist to the Sim.
Currently rumor has it that the big wigs from both camps plus the devolopers from the offical 4.09 patch are going to combine their efforts to have one single game update. This would be awsume. Now what you ask,makes this different from the demise of CFS2 with all the modding and such here is the deal....these folks (from both camps) have worked very hard to keep the integrity of the flight models and armorment. These have not been touched for all flyable aircraft. and all new aircraft are very close if not superior to the original stuff Oleg did back in the Day. Did I mention, for all you jet age fans that new Korea maps and jet aircraft are available? These are exiciting times for the Il2 community, to be honest the best combat sim available. I'll post evey so often to keep all appised about whats what....have a good Holiday all and Salute

Euro_Rigel

#2: Re: The State of IL2 Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:32 pm
    ----
-S-

Great post. The Korea jet map sounds good. It would be a blast to fly a Sabre against a mig.. Could you post a link where we get the downloads, the Ultra pack 2.0 for example. I have looked for these patches but couldnt find them. I am still playing the 4.08 patch in HL. Seems to me more players in these rooms." Skys of Fire" is a good room if you like fast dogfight action like myself.

Hammer Smile Cool Smile Cool Smile

#3: Re: The State of IL2 Author: EURO_Rigel PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:01 am
    ----
Afirm Hammer, I fly in Skies of fire myself sometimes...BTW My handle on HL is _AH_Ring. I,ll hunt up links for UI 1.2 and UP 2.0. It would be easeyer if you could meet me on comms and I could talk you through installation though. Ether CC coms or HL is fine...lets setup a Time when we can get together and disscuss. I have all week off...anybody else who wants to upgrade page me on HL or post here.

Rigel

#4: Re: The State of IL2 Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:36 am
    ----
-S-

Sounds good Rigel. Maby a good time to se up a meeting here on CC would be the weekend of Saturday, 08/Jan/2010. It would give others time to read the post and join in for the install instructions..looking forward to flying the Sabre against a Mig..!!

#5: Re: The State of IL2 Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:28 am
    ----
-S-

Have an Idea Rigel..How about if we request a "Fast Jet" section in the Flight Sim forum, dealing with Fighter Jet sims like Lock On, Falcon, etc and the new Jet sim for IL-2...for all us fast jet lovers.

#6: Re: The State of IL2 Author: EURO_Rigel PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:05 am
    ----
no sweat Hammer...any particular time for the meet?...I'm on cst

#7: Re: The State of IL2 Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:33 pm
    ----
-S-

I have to work this weekend..maby next Saturday or Sunday would be a good time...my shift during the week changes as I am on call and cant make a commitiment.

#8: Re: The State of IL2 Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:39 pm
    ----
-S-

Forgot to mention..I am eastern standard time. I live in Barrie, Ontario Canada, about 100 KM north of Toronto, Canada, where its real warm...like Hawaii....

#9: Re: The State of IL2 Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:15 pm
    ----
Great idea fellas and by all means, let's open this up to anyone who wants to join.(including me...lol) Wink

#10: Re: The State of IL2 Author: EURO_Rigel PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:00 pm
    ----
absolutley Bushy, lets set this up for Jan 8, 200 pm cst if that is ok....one of the things is the UP files are fairly large. I like to find some server space to put them. Currently, it is setup as torrent files. I'd like to see if possible to put them somewhere as reg downloads. not sure how to go about that. I might want to talk to you about how to go about conversion. Will you be on for Sun flight this weekend?. If so we can disscuss then.

Rigel

#11: Re: The State of IL2 Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:12 pm
    ----
Hi Rigel!

Yep, I'll be on the Sunday's Flight. It's a special New Years flight done in "Bush Style" with low and slow planes. Wink

We can certainly work out some details then... Smile

#12: Re: The State of IL2 Author: EURO_Rigel PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:11 pm
    ----
Gents...I am going to have to cancel for Sat. I have a friend that I have been trying to get flying FSX for along time and that time slot is the only time we can get together. that being said, I'll post some links with instructions on what is needed to run the UP2.0. I will be available for any questions though.

Rigel

#13: Re: The State of IL2 Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:27 pm
    ----
Rigel,

Why don't we do both at the same time? Let's take care your buddies FSX issue, then move on to the IL2 discussion?

-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters