M132A1 Flame Thrower in Vietnam
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: M132A1 Flame Thrower in Vietnam Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:21 pm
    ----
Check out the camera mount! BIG VIEW

#2: Re: M132A1 Flame Thrower in Vietnam Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:45 pm
    ----
I actually considered doing the same on my gun tub in Iraq,

Thought of having my digital camera coaxially mounted on my .50 and use the video mode once we rolled. Came to my senses real quick. Not a good idea at all.

#3: Re: M132A1 Flame Thrower in Vietnam Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:01 am
    ----
In 1990 (at Ft Polk) I built a plexiglass front wooden box with form cut foam interior which housed my VHS-C video camera. I taped an entire gunnery from the perspective of the loaders sponson box, on which the camera box was secured. It worked well for offensive engagements (on level ground) but sort of taped 'the sky' during defensive engagements.

Since that was only with 105mm M1's the concussion effect caused no problem. Never thought about doing a similiar project with the 120mm M1A1/A2's.

Regards
Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board