Live from RMP
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Live from RMP Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:46 pm
    ----
Hey All

Doing a test run today, viewing CK live. Using my Yahoo Messenger for now, Will be streaming for the next few hours as I'm working on the track.

Check it out & let me know how it works.

Regards
Don

#2: Re: Live from RMP Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:53 pm
    ----
Well Trying to work on breaking CKs track.

Being a little difficult since we have no end connector puller for this type of track, soooooo. Its all manual labor with the sledge hammers and 'tankers bar'. JOE D,....where are you when I need you??? Wink

I'll be here for several more hours and will check in on occassion.

I'm recording and getting photos and will post some later.

Regards
Don

#3: Re: Live from RMP Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:28 pm
    ----
- Dontos
I'm recording and getting photos and will post some later.

Looking forward to it.

#4: Re: Live from RMP Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:08 pm
    ----
Todays test was successful. Continuity & reception is sufficient to webcast from RMP.

Apoligies for using a 'sub-standard' means, but it was merely a step to possible future webcast events with s better provider. I had to insure my end was workable.

As for todays work results,.....I was stumped by old track, that refused to 'break'. Oh well, not every work session can be productive, but with an upcoming Saturday work day, I am confident of better results

Regards
Don

#5: Re: Live from RMP Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:35 pm
    ----
Here are a couple of stills from the webcam.

The last photo is of the two 'tank dollys' which will be placed under CK to enable movement of the Hull following the removal of the track & suspension.

I should be in RMP tomorrow (Saturday), for a Volunteer Workday. I'll have a similiar set up to broadcast and perhaps can do a real time, 'question & answer' requests or session.

Regards
Don

#6: Re: Live from RMP Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:43 pm
    ----
Don,
How do people view your web cam? I went to my Yahoo account and saw that you were online, but I didn't see how to view live. If there is a link, I'll put it up on AFTA tonight since I will be at RMP tomorrow.

Garry

#7: Re: Live from RMP Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:52 pm
    ----
Well, the second webcast session attempt became a non-event due to 'technical difficulties'.

Work on CK progressed amazingly well. We were able to 'break' both sides of track. Using 20 ton jacks, lifted CK into the air and then positioned the 'tank dolly', beneath the hull. Both tracks were then removed to end out a 6-7 hour work session.

Garry should have some additional coverage with updates to AFTA.

Regards
Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board