Shermans....
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Shermans.... Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:04 pm
    ----
Where is this vehicle (and who took the image???)

#2: Re: Shermans.... Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:35 pm
    ----
The image still has the EXIF data: Taken in December 28th 2007, with a Kodak Z612.

Hope it could help

Massimo

#3: Re: Shermans.... Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:20 pm
    ----
It is
M4A3E8 Sherman Easy Eight Bulldozer Tank
at
AAF American Armoured Foundation Tank Museum, Danville, VA (USA)

Photo gallery:
www.williammaloney.com.../index.htm

#4: Re: Shermans.... Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:27 pm
    ----
Hi folk,

Jim I have found your little M4A3E8 Sherman
It is at the AAF Tank Museum, the picture comes from the following website

www.williammaloney.com.../index.htm

Link to the Sherman:
www.williammaloney.com...ndex.htm#4

Michel

#5: Re: Shermans.... Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:51 pm
    ----
Thanks Guys!

BTW if anyone has an IPhone could they point its browser at my web site and tell me what happens?

#6: Re: Shermans.... Author: Chris_CLocation: WV, USA PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:58 pm
    ----
I can get to the pages where it has the vehicles listed, but tapping on the vehicles doesn't lead anywhere. It will load for a while, then stop.

#7: Re: Shermans.... Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:25 pm
    ----
- Chris_C
I can get to the pages where it has the vehicles listed, but tapping on the vehicles doesn't lead anywhere. It will load for a while, then stop.

ah good You need the app installed so that the rest loads okay. Thanks Chris!

Last edited by JimWeb on Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

#8: Re: Shermans.... Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:32 pm
    ----
Here is another one...

#9: Re: Shermans.... Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:51 pm
    ----
And another - BTW anyone know anything about that cupola?

#10: Re: Shermans.... Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:08 pm
    ----
Jim,

There are to many Sherman tanks around... Rolling Eyes

However the first photo of the Sherman with dozerblade and the last one, have one-thing in common
They where made with the same type of camera, with the same settings
So it could be the same person who made them

The M4A1 has no digital information at all

Michel

#11: Re: Shermans.... Author: Kurt_Laughlin PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:17 am
    ----
The M4A1 looks like the one in Hamilton Massachussets, the M4A1(76) HVSS with the altered cupola is one of two next to each that are/were in Ft Lewis Washington.

KL

#12: Re: Shermans.... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:42 am
    ----
I cant see the first pic, but I took the pic of the Fort Lewis Sherman.

Neil

#13: Re: Shermans.... Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:45 am
    ----
Hi,

I have pics of the Ft. Lewis tank, too. I think I climbed up on it and took pics of the MG mount. If anyone is terribly interested, I can see if I can find them...

Chuck

#14: Re: Shermans.... Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:44 am
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
I cant see the first pic, but I took the pic of the Fort Lewis Sherman.

Neil

I sorta figured you had - You can tell by the quality Cool

#15: Re: Shermans.... Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:02 am
    ----
- C_Sherman
Hi,

I have pics of the Ft. Lewis tank, too. I think I climbed up on it and took pics of the MG mount. If anyone is terribly interested, I can see if I can find them...

Chuck

Please!!!!!

-> AFV News Discussion Board