Germany AFV Registers
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Germany AFV Registers Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:53 pm
    ----
I've been there almost 10 years ago. The collection was already impressive, but it was clear they were transitioning from an army base to a public museum.
What's the status of things right now?

Massimo

#17: Re: Germany AFV Registers Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:24 pm
    ----
Massimo

I still looks like an army base, a small part still is I believe. They have a lot of stuff there, and thats the biggest problem. Everything is parked so close together, taking decent pictures is a big problem. Most of the collection is outside but under a roof.

Michel

#18: Re: Germany AFV Registers Author: robertkru PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:45 pm
    ----
Only from Germany or also small neighbors?
The vehicles from Military museum of Vienna you can find here:
www.ipms.at/index.php?...&Itemid=82

plus they have nicely restaurated Hetzer (G38) in running condition which is not displayed + SU 76 wreck which was found in Danube some time ago.

Regards from Vienna Robert
www.ipms.at

#19: Re: Germany AFV Registers Author: robertkru PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:51 pm
    ----
May be it is also interesting to take a look at German thread about museums with some smaller places:
www.modellbauforen.de/...act=SF;f=4
Regards Robert

#20: Re: Germany AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:22 pm
    ----
Only from Germany or also small neighbors?

Well Robert, my plan at the moment is just Germany
I think it will be enough work to make that one at the moment

And concerning the small neighbours, I don't think you mean Belgium (list al ready existing) and The Netherlands (list in progress)

More likely Österreich und vielleicht ein kleines bisschen der Schweiz Wink
(that would be Austria and Switzerland, for the English readers) Mr. Green

At the moment when I find something about Austria or Switzerland, I just save the information or the webpage link
That's all

However it would be much more practical if some-one who lived in that certain country would make the list
For example that some-one who lives in Vienna would make an list for Austria

If you get the message Wink

We could help the person with an template of the register, photo's and stuff like that

That is about the way the others talked me in to make an list for The Netherlands Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Thanks again guys

Michel

Last edited by Michel_Krauss on Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

#21: Re: Germany AFV Registers Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:32 pm
    ----
- robertkru
May be it is also interesting to take a look at German thread about museums with some smaller places:
www.modellbauforen.de/...act=SF;f=4
Regards Robert

I took over the running of Henriks Military Museums Site and though its slightly out of date (sic) its recently been made available online yet again - it may help a little...

www.jedsite.info/elgg-...ricks.html

#22: Re: Germany AFV Registers Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:41 pm
    ----
Is there a ZSU-57-2 in Militärhistorischen Museum der Bundeswehr, Dresden (Germany)

or somewhere in Germany a East Germany FAB 500U ("FAB" stands for Fahrausbildungspanzer) - ZSU-57-2 converted into a training vehicle for T-54 drivers

#23: Re: Germany AFV Registers Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:48 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss

At the moment when I find something about Austria or Switzerland, I just save the information or the webpage link
That's all

Don't forget Massimo and I are working on Preserved Tanks in Switzerland:

preservedtanks.com/Loc...p;Select=4

so anything you can add to that would be greatly appreciated! In addition to those locations shown there, Fort Giroud and Forte Mondascia are in the pipeline.

#24: Re: Germany AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:14 am
    ----

Don't forget Massimo and I are working on Preserved Tanks in Switzerland:

To be honest I almost forgot...

Maybe the following links could be useful

www.armeemuseum.ch/index.php?id=35

On the page are various links to Swiss museums, including Forte Mondascia (this is in Italian only, something for Massimo)

Second:
www.bunkermuzeum.hu/Bu...jc2_en.htm

This looks like your page Trevor
Map of Switzerland with waymarkings at various museums and an link to the museum

They have also an map of Germany
www.bunkermuzeum.hu/Bu...ag2_en.htm

Michel

#25: Re: Germany AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:48 am
    ----
Hi folks,

another page with info about various museums

www.aviationmuseum.eu/index.html

Most of the museums listed are "airplane" museums, however other museums are also listed
Besides that, most "airplane" museums also have the equipment present to get the plane down from the sky

Either man portable, wheeled or tracked Wink

Michel

#26: Re: Germany AFV Registers Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:07 am
    ----
I considered creating a registry for Switzerland, but I have other priorities at the moment.
Forte Mondascia is well know, it's the nearest tank from my home Laughing

Massimo

#27: Re: Germany AFV Registers Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:57 am
    ----
I considered creating a registry for Switzerland, but I have other priorities at the moment

But I would be more than happy to help if anybody would like to work on one. Main problem would be, as always, to track preserved AFVs inside military areas

Massimo

#28: Re: Germany AFV Registers Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:34 am
    ----
- Michel_Krauss

To be honest I almost forgot... :zip:

Maybe the following links could be useful

www.armeemuseum.ch/index.php?id=35

On the page are various links to Swiss museums, including Forte Mondascia (this is in Italian only, something for Massimo)

Second:
www.bunkermuzeum.hu/Bu...jc2_en.htm

This looks like your page Trevor
Map of Switzerland with waymarkings at various museums and an link to the museum

They have also an map of Germany
www.bunkermuzeum.hu/Bu...ag2_en.htm

Thanks - I had come across those sites before, but you've reminded me to check through them for collections in Switzerland we might have missed.

#29: Re: Germany AFV Registers Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:15 am
    ----
Switzerland is full of fortifications, quite a few were turned into museums (more could be in the future). But it's hard to tell if they have tanks too, you can assume they may have some field gun, most likely not tanks.

One thing s not well know yet is the "Centi-bunkers", bunkers that use retired Centurion's turrets. It was planned to build plenty of them, but they stopped after the Warsaw Pact collapsed.

There is at least one centi-bunker place here in Ticino, Forte Mondascia's association handles it (together with other 4-5 forts), but it's visible only for groups, upon request Crying or Very sad

Massimo

#30: Re: Germany AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:55 pm
    ----
Hi folks,

okay, working of the list:

Robert, concerning the Autria AFV register let start an special topic about that

Jim, thanks for the link to Henriks Military Museums Site
It will be useful to finding the museums, even there is only just the name of the museum Wink
Are you just running the site or also making update's?

Rafal, I could not find an anything about an existing example of former NVA ZSU-57-2 so far
Only an picture of an ZSU converted to to drivers training vehicle FAB 500U
www.flak11.de/Flak-3Start.htm

The description of the ZSU 57-2 has been Fla-SFL ZSU 57-2 and the last one was already redrawn from service in 1979
The last driver training vehicle's went to the German Bundeswehr, do not know what has happend to them

Massimo / Trevor keep up the good work for the Swiss reg Wink

However to get back to the original topic: German AFV register
Who has picture's ??

Michel

-> AFV News Discussion Board