Armor for the Ages: T28 moving...
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Armor for the Ages: T28 moving... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:05 am
    ----
As Garry noted in the King Cobra thread:

www.armorfortheages.com/index.htm

"ANNOUNCEMENTS

"The unique T28 GMC that has sat outside the museum for many years, will be moved permanently by KY MATES on the morning of Wednesday, January 13 around 0800.
For anyone wishing to see her one more time on the museum grounds, this will be the last opportunity."

#2: Re: Armor for the Ages: T28 moving... Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:11 am
    ----
Does this mean it's going to Fort Benning?

#3: Re: Armor for the Ages: T28 moving... Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:38 am
    ----
Man, that hurts. Glad I saw her one last time in 2009. Crying or Very sad

#4: Re: Armor for the Ages: T28 moving... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:14 am
    ----
It will be a photographic event to say the least.

I should be onhand, to assist & take photos. Hopefully some video also. Wink

Regards
Don

#5: Re: Armor for the Ages: T28 moving... Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:15 am
    ----
Where's it going? Inquiring minds want to know Mr. Green

#6: Re: Armor for the Ages: T28 moving... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:19 am
    ----
....to the Ky MAITS here on Ft Knox... Laughing

Don

#7: Re: Armor for the Ages: T28 moving... Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:24 am
    ----
Is there some reaoning behind this? Sounds odd to me. Confused

#8: Re: Armor for the Ages: T28 moving... Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:05 am
    ----
- Dontos
....to the Ky MAITS here on Ft Knox... Laughing

Don

Len (the director) had it as MATES, which I assumed meant Maneuver Area Training Equipment Site. What does MAITS stand for.

#9: Re: Armor for the Ages: T28 moving... Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:10 pm
    ----
I got an e-mail from the museum director this morning. Since the temps are expected to be warmer tomorrow, they are moving the T28 today while the ground is still frozen and the M88 is available.

I really wish I could have had a look inside her. Crying or Very sad

#10: Re: Armor for the Ages: T28 moving... Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:34 pm
    ----
So this means the T28 will be unavailable for viewing by the public?

#11: Re: Armor for the Ages: T28 moving... Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:43 pm
    ----
- MarkHolloway
So this means the T28 will be unavailable for viewing by the public?

Well yeah ... that's what's important to me.

#12: Re: Armor for the Ages: T28 moving... Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:59 pm
    ----
Does anyone know why this is happening? Maybe they are prepping it for a move to Fort Benning? Confused

#13: Re: Armor for the Ages: T28 moving... Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:24 pm
    ----
It is being moved to another location on post so that the outside run of tracks can be removed and the vehicle prepped for shipping.

#14: Re: Armor for the Ages: T28 moving... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:45 am
    ----
IRT to the T28.....

2 M88s were used to tow it from the Museum grounds to the KY MATES ( ). I'll run by there in the morning and see what its disposition is and hopefully get some shots of it.

The 'Turret' (Ft Knox newspaper) had a reporter onhand, so perhaps an article with photos will be forthcoming.

As for more info on the T28,...."Patience young Jedi's", all the answers you seek will become appearent soon... Wink

Regards
Don

#15: Re: Armor for the Ages: T28 moving... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:51 pm
    ----
Wink

-> AFV News Discussion Board