Austria AFV Regr - Österreichisch Militärfahrzeug Register
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Austria AFV Regr - Österreichisch Militärfahrzeug Register Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:02 pm
    ----
found some additional vehicle's at the Lehrsammlung der Panzertruppenschule, Burstyn-Kaserne, Zwölfaxing

M42 Duster
Centurion tank
Centurion ARV
T34/85

www.panzermodellbau.co...wax.html&1

Has some one an idea about the type T55 and the Centurion there?

Michel

#17: Re: Austria AFV Regr - Österreichisch Militärfahrzeug Register Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:19 pm
    ----
Looks like a T-55AM2 to me.

Anyone knows what the 5-digit number is on the frontal hull. I see it on several tanks in different countries.

Regards,
Lesley

#18: Re: Austria AFV Regr - Österreichisch Militärfahrzeug Register Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:31 pm
    ----
Anyone knows what the 5-digit number is on the frontal hull

Hi Lesley,

I found an German site about the NVA (East German Army) that is trying to explain it
When I figured out wath they are trying to tell I will make an post

Basicly it is an tactical number, so the commander could recognize his own group
It also has something to do with the location of the militairy base the tank came from

I have to read it again, or maybe several times Wink Wink

Michel

#19: Re: Austria AFV Regr - Österreichisch Militärfahrzeug Register Author: timrobertsLocation: shrewsbury UK PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:53 pm
    ----
- L.Delsing
Looks like a T-55AM2 to me.

Anyone knows what the 5-digit number is on the frontal hull. I see it on several tanks in different countries.

Regards,
Lesley

I think it is applied to surplus vehicles to be disposed of after the NVA was disbanded.

#20: Re: Austria AFV Regr - Österreichisch Militärfahrzeug Register Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:35 pm
    ----
Found some additional tanks and pieces of it, in Austria

Location also at the Bunkermuseum Wurzenpass/Kärnten

www.bunkermuseum.at/index.php

Besides some of the items Rafal mentioned
- T34/85 tank
- British Centurion turret (used as strong point)
- US M47 turret (used as strong point)

They also have there
- Jagdpanzer KÜRASSIER
- British CHARIOTEER turret (used as strong point)
- Russian T-34/85 turret (used as strong point)

If some one is wondering about the different type's of turret there
It is an sort of general museum for Austrian defence fortresses, they collected the equipment of various locations

Michel

Last edited by Michel_Krauss on Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

#21: Re: Austria AFV Regr - Österreichisch Militärfahrzeug Register Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:40 pm
    ----
www.bunkermuseum.at/index.php

Rafal pointed to this one on Jan 15 Rolling Eyes

As future maintainer of a country register you are expected to pay more attention Laughing Laughing Laughing

Massimo

#22: Re: Austria AFV Regr - Österreichisch Militärfahrzeug Register Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:37 pm
    ----
Ha, sorry missed that one

Will modify the text an little

Michel

#23: Re: Austria AFV Regr - Österreichisch Militärfahrzeug Register Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:07 pm
    ----
Hi folks,

found something to make (my) life an little easier in finding museums in Austria

It is an forum about Österreichs Bundesheer (Austrian Army, site is German only)
They have an list of Military museums there, it is an old list but will do Cool

www.bhi.at/phpBB2/view...f=4&t=2638

Michel

-> AFV News Discussion Board