Ok heres my excuses
-> Officer's Club

#1: Ok heres my excuses Author: 401RCAF_Sly PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:58 pm
    ----
Hi Guys

I do keep dropping in here every now and again to see how you guys are doing. I would dearly love a platform that would tempt me back into flying again ( the zone '98' )

Anyway its not all been quiet over here in the UK and although outside the sites remitt though I would give a glimpse of whats been occuring.

Well I have learnt to model in 3dMax and now work full time producing models for games.. ( no aircraft at the moment)
Most of my work has been for railways / railroads but am seriously thinking about producing a killer aircraft .

heres a few clips of some of the stuff.

As realistically speaking FSX is the only "open" FS platform out there at the moment I am looking for someone that knows the ins and outs of importing and has a good idea on the limitations..

My idea is to make a multi crewed Dam Busters lancaster that will actually do its stuff at 60 ft over the water..

pretty sure that it will not be easy and that many regard as impossible... however outside the box thinking may well yield results.. I have a few ideas from my fading knowledge of things microsoft.

Modelling the aircraft is not a problem complex animations can be done quite easily too .. if the platform will take them Smile

So if anyone wants to get our heads together and see if we can come up with something .. gimme a shout.

If the train stuff is of any interest then I will post an occasional update. a simmer is a simmer after all Smile

All the best guys

Sly

#2: Re: Ok heres my excuses Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:16 pm
    ----
Great looking stuff Sly and good to hear you are doing well

As for the fsX thingy have a peek here => www.fullterrain.com and check out some of the videos and screenies Wink

As for the lanc project I'm fair game for guinnee piggie, with the rest I pretty much suck as you know Wink

Take care matey and don't be a stranger Razz Wink

#3: Re: Ok heres my excuses Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:55 am
    ----
hey, the bolts in that bridge dont look like ASTM Grade A325 or A490 bolts - may want to double check!

#4: Re: Ok heres my excuses Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:12 am
    ----
They're all looking good Sly.
The diesel looks very good!

#5: Re: Ok heres my excuses Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:16 pm
    ----
Excellent work and nice to hear from you Sly!!

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help on the flight sims such as server space, web site, etc... Wink

#6: Re: Ok heres my excuses Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:31 pm
    ----
beuatiful work

#7: Re: Ok heres my excuses Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:52 pm
    ----
Hey Sly,
A lot of detail in them models, they look awesome.

I can make a hole in a plate with 3Ds Max by applying a bit of boolean. Surprised

So if your doing models full time that means you ain't got a proper job?
Smile Smile

#8: Re: Ok heres my excuses Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:04 pm
    ----
Hey Sly..count me in on this, I know a thing or two about 3dmax and cad..

#9: Re: Ok heres my excuses Author: 401RCAF_Sly PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:28 am
    ----
Hi Guys

Many thanks for the kind words,
Hi Slow
yeah dropped in black bolts they will never know Laughing at saving 10 p a bolt that just made me a virtual 100 grand on that monster Laughing

Hit
Yeah you are more than welcome to get ya hands dirty, need a FSX import wizz if you know one.

Kit
You're right I now don't have a proper job, get up in the mornin and I'm alreaady at work lol.
Did ya get my PM ?

Keep you guys posted

Sly

#10: Re: Ok heres my excuses Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:45 am
    ----
-S-

How you doing Sly..!!!...How about doing the Lancaster for IL-2 1946 with bombs that work. Hit downloaded the game and it has a huge community. It would be nice to fly missions again. The models look great BTW. Are you enjoying a nice Canadian winter over there...lol...

Hammer Smile Cool Smile Cool Smile

#11: Re: Ok heres my excuses Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:48 am
    ----
- 401RCAF_Sly
You're right I now don't have a proper job, get up in the mornin and I'm alreaady at work lol.
Did ya get my PM ?

I didn't Sly, but then Bushy's been messin with the board again. Shocked

-> Officer's Club