Passenger inspired to sue Airline
-> Officer's Club

#1: Passenger inspired to sue Airline Author: DraftyLocation: Penticton, BC PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:43 pm
    ----
A passenger of Alitila Airlines was inspired to sue that airline over "Not having enough leg room" in the business class after hearing about the case with "Passengers sue over rough landing"with Skyservice Airline...

Sorry I didn't remember where I saw this ariticle but I thought it was just hilarious, even funnier than the one about the passengers suing over the rough landing..

Its funny how everyone is trying to sue everyone else these days... I'm flying out to Ontario on monday with Air Canada, and I might consider suing IF..

1) I don't get the window seat (I'll also cry if I don't get it Mr. Green )
2) My bag of peanuts won't open!
3) My coke or beer isn't cold enough
4) we are 15 or more minutes late (Emotional damage!! Razz )
5) if the in-flight movie is horrible (ie. The Whole 10 yards - that is what they played last time! Evil or Very Mad )

Seriously the way the world is operating now, I might consider suing if AC doesn't meet ALL those standards Razz Mr. Green

#2: Re: Passenger inspired to sue Airline Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:26 pm
    ----
- Drafty
I might consider suing IF..

1) I don't get the window seat (I'll also cry if I don't get it Mr. Green )
2) My bag of peanuts won't open!

Your airline still offers PEANUTS?!?!? Shocked

#3: Re: Passenger inspired to sue Airline Author: DraftyLocation: Penticton, BC PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:41 pm
    ----
LOL, hahaha

Sorry I think the proper term for them is "bagged nuts" or "mixed nuts"
and your right, they aren't peanuts, they are the nuts with about 3 pretzels, 3 cherios, and 3 shredies in them, and that is usually all there is in a bag, and you get 2 bags MAX per flight.. (I know I kept asking because they ran out of "Airline food" which nobody eats anyway, but I was starving, so they gave me 2 bags and wouldn't give me any more!)

#4: Re: Passenger inspired to sue Airline Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:01 pm
    ----
One of the best stories was back when the airlines just started considering not serving meals on flights, one took a survey and the question was "If we no longer offered in-flight meals, what monetary amount would you equate to that?". Best answer? "I'd pay an extra fifty bucks!"

And BEWARE of American Airlines "breakfast box" that you can now buy on morning flights...they'll tell you theres a bagel in it (among other things) but after you pay the $3.50 for it you find the "bagel" is really just a potato-chip-type bag of these stupid toasted crouton-things made from bagel bread....ppppttttew!

#5: Re: Passenger inspired to sue Airline Author: XcalibeR PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:42 pm
    ----
Have any of you ever flown on Midwest Express? They server fresh (as in cooked after takeoff) chocolate chip cookies on every flight. And not cheap little cookies, but nice-big-warm-melting-chocolate-chips type cookies. I always ask for extras Mr. Green

#6: Re: Passenger inspired to sue Airline Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:35 am
    ----
I was thinking of suing SouthWest because they they could only get me 2 beers in the hour flight to Vegas.

I felt they had plenty of time to get me at least 6.

#7: Re: Passenger inspired to sue Airline Author: JG300-LurpsLocation: In back of the sty .... sighting in my Luger .... PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:59 am
    ----
- fr8ycat
I was thinking of suing SouthWest because they they could only get me 2 beers in the hour flight to Vegas.

I felt they had plenty of time to get me at least 6.

After that comment, I'm willing to go on the record that I believe
JG300 Exos and Fr8ycat are one and the same !!! Surprised

#8: Re: Passenger inspired to sue Airline Author: Uhu_Deenee PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:23 pm
    ----
I was on a flight once from Amsterdam to Manchester in the UK, and was handed a bag of peanuts as inflight food. Not so bad, except the bag had a warning, saying

"Caution: may contain nuts"

I asked the attendant if he could find me a bag that didn't have any nuts in - funny how they have little or no sence of humour! Laughing

Houdini

#9: Re: Passenger inspired to sue Airline Author: JG300-HolmesLocation: Straight Outta Jersey PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:43 pm
    ----
- Uhu_Deenee
"Caution: may contain nuts"

actually to get technical peanuts aren't nuts, they're legumes

lol all though, i hardly remember what that even is...haha let's dictionary .com it

oh yea, here we go
www.wholehealthmd.com/...10,00.html

so basically a peanut is a seed, haha good to know (why, i'm not really sure lol)

~S~

#10: Re: Passenger inspired to sue Airline Author: DraftyLocation: Penticton, BC PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:21 am
    ----
I always thought peanuts were nuts becauase of the word "Nuts" in them... lol

Man, that is pretty condescending.. peanuts "They aren't nuts although they have the word nuts in them"

but that link you showed proved it wasn't a nut.. to me though that is just a little confusing... lol Rolling Eyes

-> Officer's Club