Fort McCoy, WI
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Fort McCoy, WI Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:29 pm
    ----
Some vehicles I am looking for for the USA AFV Register. Pics needed & additional info welcome:

Commemorative Area, History Center & Equipment Park, T Cir & E St
M29 Weasel USA out
M548A1 USA out
(already have the rest!)

Former 84th Division / Training Command HQ, U.S. Army Reserve, 50 O St
M114 USA out RN 12T6366

Thanks!

Neil

Last edited by Neil_Baumgardner on Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Help/Pics Needed - Fort McCoy, WI Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:58 pm
    ----
Heres the M29 Weasel taken in 2004

Don't have the others you need, Joe D may though.

Regards
Don

#3: Re: Help/Pics Needed - Fort McCoy, WI Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:03 pm
    ----
Thanks Don!

Neil

#4: Re: Help/Pics Needed - Fort McCoy, WI Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:10 am
    ----
Neil,

This is the best I can do on the M548, Cropped it from another picture.

M548

Don't have any of the M114 at the reserve center, but do have of the one on the Museum grounds.

#5: Re: Help/Pics Needed - Fort McCoy, WI Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:43 am
    ----
Dude

I actually have better than that, if you squint real hard on the right side of the weasel...... Shocked

But that is all I have of the M548. Rolling Eyes

Regards
Don

#6: Re: Help/Pics Needed - Fort McCoy, WI Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:56 am
    ----
Weasel photo from last year www.flickr.com/photos/...957926019/

#7: Re: Help/Pics Needed - Fort McCoy, WI Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:07 am
    ----
Half of the M548 www.flickr.com/photos/...3160315195

#8: Re: Help/Pics Needed - Fort McCoy, WI Author: Alf_AdamsLocation: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:21 pm
    ----
Here is a shot of the M548A1 taken in 2001. Unfortunately, it appears to have been repainted in plain OD since I last visited and took this.

Alf

#9: Re: Help/Pics Needed - Fort McCoy, WI Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:49 pm
    ----
Alf

While at McCoy in 2004(ish) on temp duty, the paint crews were in the process of repainting all the vehicles. This is why most of my 04 photos seem to be real fresh gloss OD.

I had to make a few visits to the diplay area to get all the vehicles since some were covered in a large frame tent, which were in the process of being painted.

Regards
Don

#10: Re: Help/Pics Needed - Fort McCoy, WI Author: dogtagsLocation: East Central Wisconsin PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:55 am
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
Some vehicles I am looking for for the USA AFV Register. Pics needed & additional info welcome:

M29 Weasel USA out
M548A1 USA out
(already have the rest!)

M114 USA out RN 12T6366

Thanks!

Neil

Neil:

You call the Weasel armored? Smile

I'll look for pic of the M548A1 in my files, otherwise you could get a small image from the Fort McCoy pdf

~Robert Buettner
warmemorials.us
stampedout.net
mvmwisconsin.com

#11: Re: Help/Pics Needed - Fort McCoy, WI Author: dogtagsLocation: East Central Wisconsin PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:04 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner

M29 Weasel USA out
M548A1 USA out
(already have the rest!)

M114 USA out RN 12T6366

Thanks!

Neil

Neil:

Here are two of the M548A1 in it's new paint scheme. Taken 09/09/2006.

#12: Re: Help/Pics Needed - Fort McCoy, WI Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:29 pm
    ----
Robert,
Thanks. FYI, the sign at Fort McCoy is wrong - its a T95 tank, not a "TE95" (no such animal).

That being said, tell me if you change the address for that page
wiwarmem.ipower.com/ar...mccoy.html

Neil

#13: Re: Help/Pics Needed - Fort McCoy, WI Author: dogtagsLocation: East Central Wisconsin PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:51 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
Robert,
Thanks. FYI, the sign at Fort McCoy is wrong - its a T95 tank, not a "TE95" (no such animal).

That being said, tell me if you change the address for that page
wiwarmem.ipower.com/ar...mccoy.html

Neil

I'll let you know when it gets changed.

#14: Re: Help/Pics Needed - Fort McCoy, WI Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:53 pm
    ----
- Alf_Adams
Here is a shot of the M548A1 taken in 2001. Unfortunately, it appears to have been repainted in plain OD since I last visited and took this.
Alf

And what's wrong with OD, if done correctly? Smile

#15: Re: Help/Pics Needed - Fort McCoy, WI Author: dogtagsLocation: East Central Wisconsin PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:38 pm
    ----
Alright, the T95 page has been updated. It is now:
warmemorials.us/armor/t95.html

-> AFV News Discussion Board