BOARHOUND IN USA?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: BOARHOUND IN USA? Author: ossie PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:19 pm
    ----
Hi all
Is there a BOARHOUND in USA or is the one in Bovingtons Collection the only one in the World.
ossie

#2: Re: BOARHOUND IN USA? Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:54 pm
    ----
According to The Tank Museum they have the only survivor

"By December 1942 the Desert War was all but over and the British realised that the Boarhound was too large and heavy for use on European country lanes and bridges. Accordingly production was cancelled in May 1943 after 30 cars had been built. These were shipped to the UK during 1943 where they under went various trials before being declared obsolete in January 1944. The Tank Museum’s exhibit is one of the prototype T18E2s and is the sole surviving example."

www.tankmuseum.org/ixb...lity_type=

Neil

#3: Re: BOARHOUND IN USA? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:17 pm
    ----
Looks just right for American Freeways, however. I'll take two.

#4: Re: BOARHOUND IN USA? Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:32 pm
    ----
Just wanted to throw in something I just dug up in my data files.

Regards
Don

#5: Re: BOARHOUND IN USA? Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:03 pm
    ----
Thanks, guys. This is a new one on me.

#6: Re: BOARHOUND IN USA? Author: ossie PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:09 pm
    ----
Hi all

thanks for that

#7: Re: BOARHOUND IN USA? Author: ossie PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:30 pm
    ----
hi all
i just measured this beast today its awesome up close and it still coul;d be restored.
ossie

-> AFV News Discussion Board