Preserved Tanks in Egypt
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Preserved Tanks in Egypt Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:11 pm
    ----
In response to the work Massimo and I are doing on Preserved Italian Tanks I have been kindly sent some photographs of tanks at El Alamein by Ian Holloway. This has prompted me to write up these collections and vehicles and put them online.

War Museum, El Alamein

[img]http://preservedtanks.com/Albums/Italian/5400-Semovente%20da%2075%2318/IMG4518_Sem_ElAlMus_R_IHolloway_c.jpg[/img]

Lorraine Schlepper SP, Grant, Sherman, Mk VI light, Crusader, M14/41, Semovente M41 (shown), Sherman FL10

Italian Cemetery, El Alamein

[img]http://preservedtanks.com/Albums/Italian/5300-Carro%20Armato%20M13%2340/IMG4687_M41_ElAlCem_FR_IHolloway_C.jpg[/img]

M13/40 - My thanks to Massimo for help with the Italian text.

I have lots of photos of tanks in Egypt of my own, mostly M48 Pattons near Suez, and I will post them online when I can. For now, I only have these El Alamein collections done:

Preserved Tanks in Egypt

As I add other collections I'll add them to this thread.

#2: Re: Preserved Tanks in Egypt Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:11 pm
    ----
Be sure to capture the Egyptian National Military Museum collection, including this Centurion Mk I.

Neil

#3: Re: Preserved Tanks in Egypt Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:41 pm
    ----
Is this Centurion in the Citadel or in the "Panorama Museum 6th October War"? From the building in the background looks like it should be the Panorama Museum.

I know the Panorama Museum has a Centurion, but I've never seen a picture of it.

Massimo

#4: Re: Preserved Tanks in Egypt Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:46 pm
    ----
Probably the Panorama Museum, although I suspect the Centurion was captured in 1956???

Neil

-> AFV News Discussion Board