Anyone want to "Time Share" a tank with me ???
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Anyone want to "Time Share" a tank with me ??? Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:27 am
    ----
- JeffStringer
Of course, you do know I WAS kiddin' ... right? I don't think USPS or FedEx can handle her.

I think they can. They may subcontract it out but they would be glad to give you a quote and guarantee it mad it on schedule Mr. Green

#17: Re: Anyone want to "Time Share" a tank with me ??? Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:32 am
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
- bsmart
- Joe_D
Bought my Powerball Ticket last night, Drawing is tonight Wink

I picked mine up yesterday (along with Mega Millions)

Bob,
You gonna' remember your friends?
Laughing

Of course Some I'll remember when I host an 'I'm outta here' party at work, Some I'll invite to other projects or events. and I would hope my friends would remember me if they got lucky Wink

#18: Re: Anyone want to "Time Share" a tank with me ??? Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:02 am
    ----
- bsmart
- Doug_Kibbey
- bsmart
- Joe_D
Bought my Powerball Ticket last night, Drawing is tonight Wink

I picked mine up yesterday (along with Mega Millions)

Bob,
You gonna' remember your friends?
Laughing

Of course Some I'll remember when I host an 'I'm outta here' party at work, Some I'll invite to other projects or events. and I would hope my friends would remember me if they got lucky Wink

Bob? Bob who?

#19: Re: Anyone want to "Time Share" a tank with me ??? Author: Maple_Leaf_Eh PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:17 am
    ----
When you have your 'I"m outta here' party, please don't stand on your chair and pee your internet keyboard. All of us on the other end will hate you even more.

#20: Re: Anyone want to "Time Share" a tank with me ??? Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:05 pm
    ----
- Maple_Leaf_Eh
When you have your 'I"m outta here' party, please don't stand on your chair and pee your internet keyboard. All of us on the other end will hate you even more.

At a previous job I did push a display and keyboard out of a 9th story window out of frustration (The hardware repair folks had fixed it 4 times in 3 weeks and I knew there were brand new spares in storage that they would only use if a machine was 'beyond economical repair' Twisted Evil . So on a spring day my window was open, the display positioned close to it and I 'slipped'. It fell 6 stories landing on the unused upper level of the parking deck and by the time my officemate and I swept up the remains a new display and keyboard were on my desk. )

#21: Re: Anyone want to "Time Share" a tank with me ??? Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:50 pm
    ----
Hi folks,

so which one of you has won the lottery and has got himself an nice little M60 tanky as an present Twisted Evil

Michel

#22: Re: Anyone want to "Time Share" a tank with me ??? Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:09 pm
    ----
Is it just me - or is that a very high price for a relatively recent vehicle? I know it's not the same, but you can pick up a nice Chieftain for about $40k.

#23: Re: Anyone want to "Time Share" a tank with me ??? Author: ddoyle PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:53 am
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
Is it just me - or is that a very high price for a relatively recent vehicle? I know it's not the same, but you can pick up a nice Chieftain for about $40k.

Probably a supply/demand thing. You can buy all the Chieftains you want, but there are probably fewer than a dozen M60 variants in private hands, and Uncle Sam isn't putting any more into the marketplace.

Further, as a US citizen, I can buy and import a Chieftain, but I cannot import a M4, M48, M60 etc., etc. into the US as they are sold by other countries.

So, there is a very finite pool of US-built tanks available to the US market.

Best wishes,
David Doyle

#24: Re: Anyone want to "Time Share" a tank with me ??? Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:43 am
    ----
So, there is a very finite pool of US-built tanks available to the US market.

So very true Sad

The maddening thing is there were so many M60A3's out there. Just look at the AFV register. Unfortunately they are "Conditional" gifts, so even if you qualify to get one they can take them back at any time. Takes all the fun out of spending money to restore her. All the M60's I know that are truly private owned usually are former USMC vehicles (M60A1's). The one exception to my knowledge are the ones at the MVTF.

If TACOM sold them much like MoD did their Chieftains, they'd probably be quite affordable. I know I'd be willing to pay $40k for one. The Irony is in this country you can own all sorts of firearms to include cannons and machine guns with the right permits, yet in the UK you cannot but can own a tank. Go figure Rolling Eyes

BTW, I didn't win the Powerball, so no M60 for me (Yet!!!) Sad

#25: Re: Anyone want to "Time Share" a tank with me ??? Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:00 am
    ----
- Joe_D

BTW, I didn't win the Powerball, so no M60 for me (Yet!!!) Sad

Neither did I but according to the sign wher I buy the tickets neither did anyone else. Both Megamillions and Power ball went up ( I think both are over $140 Million now) So maybe Friday/Saturday Confused

You did buy another ticket didn't you? Rolling Eyes

#26: Re: Anyone want to "Time Share" a tank with me ??? Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:28 pm
    ----
- Joe_D
The Irony is in this country you can own all sorts of firearms to include cannons and machine guns with the right permits, yet in the UK you cannot but can own a tank. Go figure :roll:

BTW, I didn't win the Powerball, so no M60 for me (Yet!!!) :(

Carrying a kitchen knife is illegal here - even buying one can be tricky - but I think the reasoning is that once a tank has had its armament deactivated its just another classic vehicle.

#27: Re: Anyone want to "Time Share" a tank with me ??? Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 1:44 pm
    ----
Looks like its been relisted

cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotor...AUS%3A1123

Neil

#28: Re: Anyone want to "Time Share" a tank with me ??? Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:45 pm
    ----
I don't want to ruin to possibilty of our US friends of buying an M60, so I'm not going to make an offer Laughing

Besides the army of Finland has been selling some old tanks
Prices ranging from 8000 Euro for an Charioteer Mk VII Model B to 185.000 for an Sturmgeschutz III Ausf G

It will take an additional couple thousand to get them restored, however they still will be cheaper.
Also getting spare parts will be easier Wink

Michel

-> AFV News Discussion Board